18 | Life

"And this goes here, with this going here!" the marquess

"And this goes here, with this going here!" the marquess... Asher, I mean, demonstrates how to build with his building blocks.

The duke and the duchess have gone to attend a ball, and I volunteered to help watch Asher at the palace.

"Wow," I clap, looking impressed.

"I know" he smiles proudly.

"You know, I am getting a little hungry, shall we ring for some food?"

"Fruits please" he grins, going back to his toys.

"Darce!"

I wait a minute.

"Darce?!"

No reply

Uhh... "Aden?"

Within one minute, he's inside my room.

"Could you tell Darce to get us some fruits, please?"

"I need them to be cut into little boxes" Asher commands.

Aden smiles, "Okay... uh-"

"Lord Asher, marquess of Laurier" the six-year-old states.

"Okay, my lord" Aden bows, walking outside.

"So, I heard mommy and daddy say that you are doing things to meet your daddy... is that true?"

I choke on nothing, and cough to clear my throat.

"Is it?"

"Well, not my daddy, but my soulmate"

"Well... daddy's mommy's daddy so you are meeting your daddy"

"She's not..." I lower my voice, "Did she call your daddy, daddy?"

He nods, "I once woke up in the night because I had to pee, and I heard weird noises coming from their room. Mommy called daddy, daddy"

I gasp, then smirk. Children are the ultimate source of information.

"What else did they say?"

"Well, daddy said that he loves mommy but I think it's disgusting. They're only allowed to love me, not them" he huffs, grabbing the wooden car.

And there goes my plan to try and not be lonely. Come on. Darce and her soulmate, Nelson and his soulmate, the duke and the duchess, even my parents for god's sake!

About five minutes later, there's a knock on the door, and Asher replies with a come in.

Aden's back, with a whole tray with an array of fruits, from bananas to mangoes to apples to durians to lychee to dragon fruit to rambutan... there's so much fruit.

"Darce was nowhere to be found so I went to the kitchens myself and they asked what you would prefer and I didn't know so they gave a little bit of everything. Got utensils too, just in case" he smiles, holding the tray lower since Asher ran to him and started tugging on his armor.