𝟎𝟏𝟐. 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛 𝐦𝐞, 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛 𝐲𝐨𝐮

012

012. IF YOU DON'T STAB ME, I WON'T STAB YOU

∘₊✧───────────────────────────✧₊∘

"Would you stop looking at me like that?!"

Kylo Ren quickly raised his arms in defense, but his incredulous expression had yet to change. He still hadn't adjusted to the last thing she had said to him. Even more so, he found it hard to believe that she had helped him escape; furthermore, that she planned to help him overthrow Seth so he could take back his rightful place as the Supreme Leader.

"You still have that stupid look on your face," she frowned.

"Well, I find it hard to believe—"

She quickly interrupted him as she shoved him behind a pile of crates and placed her hand over his mouth, "Shush!"

A pair of troopers walked past unaware of their presence.

"I don't think they saw us."

His response was muffled displeasure.

"Sorry," she quickly apologized, withdrew her hand, and made certain to distance herself from him.

He dusted himself off and stood, "Was that necessary?"

"Do you want to be locked up again?"

"It had clearly been a misunderstanding," he insisted.

"That's not the way the Supreme Leader had made it sound."

He raised an eyebrow, "What exactly did he say to you?"

Although she had been pretty talkative since they had been reunited, granted most of what she said had been insults, she shut down completely. Her expression darkened and her eyes drooped to the floor. But a second later, she had perked back up and acted as if he had never asked the question to begin with.

"Which way?"

"What did he say?"

"Which way?" she repeated her question in the same manner that he had, but between grit teeth.

"Whatever it was, it clearly bothered you."

She turned to glare at him, "Look, Ben, we're not friends. You don't just get to walk back into my life and act like nothing happened. So don't expect me to open up to you like when we were younger. I'm not on your side and I'm not watching your back. If someone were to drop a building on you, I'd step back and watch it happen."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know exactly what it means!" she snapped in a harsh whisper.

He opened his mouth to retort, but again she pushed her hand into his face to shush him. He quickly brushed it aside and prepared to retort, but stopped when she pointed out the pair of guards walking toward them. He frowned, but looked around to find a place to remain hidden. Noticing a storage closet nearby, he unlocked the door and grabbed Evangeline's hand. She looked up surprised and released a quiet complaint of displeasure, but he ignored it and pulled her into the closet behind him. He quickly closed the door and hoped that they hadn't been spotted.