2

Chapter Two: Deja Vu

–————————————

I smooth my dress out as I look in the mirror at my reflection. I smirked. I looked ravishing I thought. The plain black dress clung perfectly to me fitting like a glove even though the material wasn't such. I grabbed my purse securing my essentials inside it. I made my way downstairs.

"Woah, don't you look my hot?" My mom said as I did a little dance. I looked down at my dress loving that I went with this choice.

"Back before two. She said handing me two twenty bills." I tried to decline.

"No mom." She insisted so she placed the money inside my purse.

"Do not leave your drink unattended. Call me if anything happens. For the Christ's sake please do not come back pregnant." She teased. You see my mother had me when she was fifteen. Three years ago when I was that very age she feared I would follow in her footsteps. She told me since her mother wasn't in her life that's how I came about. Thank you, Grandma Nora.

I am actually going to bring her back a baby. Just as soon as I can get my hands on Gabriel. Gabriel is the love of my life. I know we are destined for each other. I may sound crazy, but I can explain. You see I was twelve when I first met him.

–————————————

Six years ago

It was a hot summer day, and it was also an open house for seventh grade. My mom had to work, so I asked my cousin to take me. I needed to buy my locker before all the top ones were gone.

"This school hasn't changed." My older cousin stated as she trailed behind me. I held my schedule in my hand trying to find my homeroom teacher.

"Heard of a Mr. D'Angelo?" I asked her. She took the paper from me. She shrugged her shoulders.

"He must be new. You know the school gets new teachers each year. His name sounds Italian." She said wiggling her eyebrows. I took the paper from her rolling my eyes.

"Whatever," I said following the numbers on the door.

"122. . . 124. . . and 126." I said stopping at the number where his name was listed. I walk in seeing an empty classroom. There was a table decorated with desserts. I helped myself by grabbing a few cookies. I munched on them as I browsed around the room.

"What class is this?" My cousin asked. I looked around at the decorated walls.

"Seems to be government," I responded.

"I'm going to see if Ms. Tully still works here." She said leaving me alone.

I walked toward the desk seeing everything was nice and neat. I then saw a picture frame that occupied a beautiful woman. My fingers ran over the picture admiring the beauty the woman held. I hear someone clear their throat scaring the shit out of me. This caused me to drop the frame; I heard a crack as it hit the desk.

"Fuck!" I cursed. I turned to see who was the animal that scared me. My breathing hitched in my throat as I made eye contact with the culprit. At that very moment, I knew I was in love. From the sharp features staring back at me to the full-toned muscles he had, I knew I was in love with this man. Everything stopped as I stared at him. He crossed his arms against his toned chest which I knew was toned through the thin shirt he was wearing. His dark thick hair was tousled nicely and I so badly wanted to run my hands through it. I casually yet unashamedly checked him out. My eyes lowered to his waist. A smirk was plastered onto my face. I heard him clear his voice again pulling me from my daze.