19

Chapter Nineteen: My Heart Belongs to Daddy

——————————————

"Your seventh grade teacher right?" My dad says looking at me. I smile.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Small world huh?" I say approaching them. Gabriel's eyes lustfully scanned my body making my cheeks grow red.

No shame at all? I thought.

My dad is standing right next to him. I knew when I put the tracker in his wallet, I was using it solely to track him. It wasn't supposed to be the other way around.  I didn't actually think he would run into my entire family. Or maybe I just didn't fully think any of this through. I mean I convinced my mom to book the same reservations as he did, so I technically can't be surprised.

"Does anyone care to join me for brunch?" Mr. D'Angelo says looking directly at me.

"Um, me and Adriana actually have somewhere to go hence the attire." I say gesturing to my well developed body. My mom rolls her eyes.

"Nonsense. You two need to eat first." My mom says scolding us like children. She begins walking into a different direction.

"Where're you going? I thought we were eating." I say.

"Couples massage." She calls over her shoulder as Keith follows behind her.

"Dad? What about you and Stacy?" I say crossing my arms. Truth be told before I was desperate to take any chance of being alone with Gabriel, but now I'm petrified.

"We're going jet skiing." He tells me kissing the top of my head and walking away hand in hand with Stacy. I don't know if I should be grateful that they're dropping like flies or upset that they trust Gabriel this easily.

I look at Adriana as the last woman standing.

"Sure, you haven't eaten this fast," I tell her stomping my foot.

"No, but I did meet an Alejandro last night before I crashed." She tells me.

"So toodles. We'll meet up later." She says waving me bye.

"Wow," I say disbelievingly as that cliche scene played out before me.

"Wow, you say the odds are slim to none now?" He says sarcastically smirking at me. If only he knew.

"I'm starting to think you're following me," I say poking at his chest.

"How lucky are you for everyone to just so happen to have plans as you invite us for brunch?" I say walking around him to leave out of the lobby.

"Lucky enough." He says smiling down at me.

"Where's Erica?" I tease while rolling my eyes.

"On a flight back home." He says making me halt in my steps.

"Why?" I ask frantically. It's not that I cared that much, but I wanted to know what caused her to suddenly leave.

"There was an emergency surgery that she needed to attend to." He tells me. I knew she was a doctor, but it wasn't specified that she was a surgeon. Maybe I just didn't pay that much attention to her occupation because I was occupied by someone else's.

"Why didn't you go with her?" I ask softly. He sighs deeply.

"I think you and I both know why that didn't happen." I gasp lightly.

I am literally wrecking a home. I thought. I envisioned how my moments with Gabriel would play out for years. I braced myself to not feel any remorse for Erica, but there was just a slither of me that feels bad. Maybe, I only want him, but I don't want him to want me which makes sense only to me. That means all of my work has gone to waste. I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt him grab my hand.