22

Chapter Twenty-two: Crazy in Love
——————————————

"How'd you manage to convince Connor that you'll take me home?" I asked glancing over at Mr. D'Angelo. He ignores me steering the car. I rolled my eyes and avert my attention in front of me.

I've never seen Mr. D'Angelo so. . . passionate. I blush thinking about our encounter in his study. I still can't help but feel used. I tried expressing my anger & he conned his way into my panties. I need him to know that wasn't acceptable. I'm not some weak girl that he can seduce every single time. Although I love him, he needs to know that I am willingly ready to do whatever is possible to ensure he stays in my life, not the other way around. It feels nice knowing that he wants me, but I'm in charge. I also hate being at odds with him. I love him clearly. It pains me to know that I have to make him suffer for his actions.

"I'm going to Florida," I say softly. He tosses a glance in my direction. I stare at him seeing his raised eyebrows as if he's waiting for me to continue.

"Oh yeah?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say releasing a breath.

"What's in Florida Giselle?" He asks. He sounded annoyed which I'd never seen before at least not with me.

"My dad is going back to work, and I thought it'd be nice to tag along," I say studying his face for a reaction. He only raised his eyebrows as if he was amused, but his demeanor screamed 'he couldn't care less.' It was angering me.

"Oh." That was his final statement. My blood boiled.

"Is something bothering you Mr. D'Angelo?" I ask calmly biting the inside of my cheek. I don't appreciate how he's treating me.

"Erica is cheating on me. . . With your dad." I snap my head toward him.

"What?" I say disbelieving chuckling.

"What are you talking about?" I say waiting for him to respond. I shove his shoulder making the car swerve a bit.

 I shove his shoulder making the car swerve a bit

"Hey!" He interjects.

"You can't say something like that without explaining anything," I say my voice cracking. He pulls the car over. He shows me his phone, and there was an entire photo album titled 'Erica'. I go through the photos finding myself repulsed. Tears danced in my eyes threatening to fall. My heart falls to my stomach as I try to process what I'm seeing before me. I turn to him with tears in my eyes clouding my vision. He leans back in his seat with his arms crossed.

"W-what is t-this?" I whisper.

"He's not a good man Giselle." He tells me.