7

Chapter Seven: Pretty Woman

–————————————

"Hey, uncle Gabe. This is my friend Giselle." Connor says. Gabriel's gaze leaves Connor to follow me. My breathing hitched, and I somehow forgot to breathe.

Giselle, do not fuck this up! I thought.

I snap back to reality placing an authentic smile on my face. I swallow deeply before doing something unordinary of myself. I extend my hand.

I trust him. I thought.

He smiles accepting my hand. His large hand covers my small one, and I could have fainted right there on the spot. My heart flutters at this sudden form of contact. I cannot believe it. He is here in the flesh right before my very own eyes! I was having a mini fangirl attack on the inside, but my outside held a completely different composure.

"It's very nice to meet you." His deep voice sounded. He retrieves his hand back creating a cold absence.

"Although, you look very familiar." He says as his hand rustles through his salt and peppered beard in thought. I furrow my eyebrows feigning ignorance.

"Gabriel, your— Oh my, who is the pretty young lady Connor?" Erica sounded latching onto Gabriel. I wanted to pounce on her and drag her into the pool shoving her head underwater until I felt the life leave her. I quickly shudder away from the thought.

"This is Giselle." He repeats again. I extend my hands that held the lemon bars.

"I. . . um bought lemon bars." I said smiling. I quickly glance from Erica to Gabriel, and I met eyes with him. I look away not wanting to hold eye contact with him any longer.

"Oh, wow talk about perfect timing. My friend actually ruined the lemon bars that she brought. Thank you, Giana." She says grabbing the dish before turning away. I bit the inside of my cheek.

This bitch!

"It's Giselle," I say politely as I can.

"I'm sorry?" She says retreating back.

"My name is Giselle, not Giana." I tell her. She gasps slightly putting her hand across her chest.

"My apologies, my two boys have my head—" she circled her finger around her head emphasizing that her two boys have her distorted.

"You have a nanny." I quickly blurt out. Regret instantly washes over me.

"Excuse me?" She says taken aback. I roll my eyes playfully.

"I mean you do have a nanny right? Was that not her in the front room with the small children?" I say hopefully covering my ass. She smiled tapping my shoulder.

"Oh yes! Ivy. She's our new nanny. I'm going to go put these on the dessert table. It is nice meeting you." She says walking away. I was left with Connor and Gabriel that was until Connor excused himself.

"I'm going to go put your things in my room." He says kissing my cheek as he grabbed my tote bag from me. That then left me and Gabriel alone despite us being surrounded by many people.