10

Chapter Ten: Bust Your Windows
________________________

"Mom I'm home!" I yell shutting the door.

"In here!" She calls. I follow her voice as it leads me to her room.

"Surprised to see you." She says.

I chuckle. "I can say the same about you, missy," I say walking into her bathroom so I can wash my hands. I patted them dry on a hand towel before plopping onto her bed.

"Hey watch it!" She says picking up some clothes.

"Ooh, where do you think you're going?" I ask her.

"Keith is taking me out tomorrow." She says smiling.

"And you're sure he's the one? Mom, you know how you are." Let's just say my mom has been through more men than the average chick. She rolls her eyes.

"Yes. I really like him. I actually think I love him." She says the last part to herself.

"What?" I ask shocked as ever.

"Yeah, I think I love him." She says smiling while falling back onto the bed. I roll my eyes.

"You said that about Steven," I say.

"And Lucas, and Robert, and Cyrus. . ." I continue listing men she thought she loved.

"Okay, I get it. I have loved a lot of men. Sue me."

"This time is different. I feel safe with him." As she says that I immediately think about Mr. D'Angelo.

"Are you in love?" I ask her while resting my head against my palm as I lay on her bed.

"I think I am GiGi." She says using my nickname.

"How do you know?" I ask her wanting to see if I am, in fact, in love with this man I have been following for years.

"Um, well I don't know. He knows me, almost better than I know myself. He listens. He just. . . Ugh. . . I don't know Giselle." She says sighing as she was having a hard time constructing her thoughts.

"You'll know when you find that person." She says patting my butt. I smile at her. She must've truly been in love as she didn't mention he's well off with money.

Gabriel makes me feel many things. I don't know if it's because I am sexually attracted to him or what? I cannot believe I have come this close and I am questioning everything I have worked for. I snuck into someone's home and got them fired for Pete's sake. I am sleeping with his nephew not to mention! What am I doing?! Is this even what I want? Am I the one stopping the only man I want?! I began to grow overwhelmed by my intrusive thoughts. I am going to need more than a few cigarettes to calm down now.

"Cute top, let me borrow it." My mom says bringing me from my thoughts.

"Sure, and I got a job," I tell her changing the subject.

"I thought I told you, Giselle, I will take care of you." She says.

"I know mom, but I want to help out, and besides I'm going off to school soon," I say trying to reason with her.

"You didn't ask to be here, so it's my job to take care of you Giselle." I roll my eyes.

"Mom, do not be ridiculous. I'm eighteen now." I told her. She puts her hands up.

"Fine, if you don't like it, it's okay to quit." She tells me.

"Thanks, mom," I say getting ready to get up.

"You're leaving?!" She says pouting.

"It's late mom," I tell her glancing at the clock and seeing it's nearing one o'clock. She waves her hand.