Colbys pov

I sat against my bedroom making sure my dad didn't get in as my mom hid in my closet. "Open up the fucking door faggot!!!" He yelled.

My father loves to beat my mother and me. I heard her sobbing from the closet. ten more minutes and he'd leave.

9 minutes

8 minutes

7

6

5

4

3

2

"Faggot you'll regret this! You fucking disgrace. He stomped down stairs, slammed the door and shrieked the car away. I fell to the floor my body racked in my own sobs.

My mother exited the closet and tried to comfort me but I just went to my shirt drawer and handed her new locks. she nodded and thanked me running to switch them.

It won't hold him for long but at least a week of no beatings. but he WILL give us a harsh beating when he gets in. which is why I packed my mothers stuff and handed her a plane ticket.

"C-Colby what's this?" She asked staring at it. it was too Florida all the way across the country.

"It's a plane ticket, you have to go mom, tonight. the ticket is for tomorrow morning. your stuff is packed. please mom. I can handle him, you can't especially not with Melanie" I said and patted her stomach at the end. she was seven months along.

My mom started crying again. she covered her mouth with her hand and hugged me.

"Colby, thankyou. I'll be back for you! I promise. two years time I'll be back and get you. okay?" She said and I nodded. she hugged me and went up and grabbed her three suitcases.

"Thankyou colby" she said and left taking her car.

I closed and locked the door. I ran upstairs and sobbed. I wanted my mom, but I couldn't bare to see her get hurt. especially with Melanie in her.

My dad doesn't give two shits about who he beats.

Which is why I beat andy. I can't keep my pain to myself so I put it on someone else. but I chose the wrong person. I had to choose the one person I wanted to comfort me on my worst nights. I had to choose the only light in my life.

I had to break the sun so I wouldn't be broken alone. why? Why must I be so stupid?! I sobbed more. my father knew I was gay. so he beat me. he beats my mom for birthing a gay child.

I grabbed the switch blade out of my jean drawer. and pulled my jeans off. I can't do this, I need escape. I switched the blade and sliced my leg repeatedly.

The floor pooled and I was light headed. my leg had 1,2,3,4...45,46,47...78,79,80...99,100 cuts in it. different directions, lengths, and depth. I finally collapsed on my bed. I knew I wouldn't die though.

I woke up at 10:39 am the next day and I cleaned the mess and decided to skip today.