13. Josh

It was Tuesday after noon and I was still home with my head huddled in my pillow crying. I just felt like a complete failure. "I couldn't even find out whose Larry real killer Is." I cried aloud. He did so much for me and I couldn't even do this one this for him. "God, I miss him so much."

I layed down for a little while longer, when I got up to go to the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and saw it was 8 miss calls. I didn't even bother to check them because I already knew it was the twins calling to see why I didn't come to school. Ashley went out to a huge party last night and she's recovering from a major hangover and she had a massive headache so when she saw I didn't go to school she didn't even bother to fuss with me.

After usinf the bathroom I stuffed my head back into the pillow. My phoned continued to vibrate. Eventually, I got sick of the annoying vibrations and checked my message, voicemails, and miss calls.

Surprising I looked and saw no missed calls from the twins. Instead, the 8 miss calls were all from an unknown number.

"1738 hey I'm like hey wassup hello seen ur pretty self soon as you came in the door I just want to chill got a stack for us to roll " by Fettie Wap blasted through my phone speakers.

"Hello! " I answered irritated. There was no response. "Helloo" I said a little more curiously this time. After 30 seconds of trying to get this unknown person to respond I eventually Gave up and hung up. I decided to block the number.

---------------------------------

WEDNESDAY AT SCHOOL

"Cassie" The twins called out to me. I looked over my shoulder to see this sitting at our usual lunch table. I took a sit. "Wassup Amigos? " I asked "Gurl nothing but the ususl." Lala answered

I looked out corner of my eye to see the finest boy in school, Josh, passing out what looked like invitations. When I saw fine, oh my gosh, i definately did mean fine. He was a mixed breed with a silky smooth curly afro. He had skin color the color of almomds with the prettiest blue hazel eyes you could ever imagine.

I had seen Josh around school but we had never really actually talked. He was like the most popular boy in school. I had heard about his parties before. They were said to be extraordinary but only the best of the best were invited.

He worked his way around the cafeteria passing out invitations to select people. He made it to the table where Lala, Mari, and I sit.

"For you, my lovely lady. " He looked me in my eye and said while handing me an invitation. "Oh so you have sauce game?" I said sarcastically. "I mean, I ain't saying all that but I can spit a lil something, something. " He said and I laugh. "I hope to see all of you at my party." He said handing Lala and Mari an invitation "Especially you! " He said winking at me and walking away.

"Aww, Cassie and Josh sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G " The twins laughed.

"Oh my god " I hollered playfully, y'all are so elementary. "But I mean, He is cute though." I blushed.

"The real question is, are you going to his party? " Mari asked Lala and I.

"Of course, If JOSH has a party you have to show up. That's like #1 rule. I mean, it's Josh duhhhh. " Lala said.

"We'll if y'all are going I guess I should too and anyways I need something to take my mind from Larry anyway. " I said.

Then bell then rung. I walked away thinking about Josh and his party. This was going to be the first time I have went out since Larry died so I was definitely about to live it up at his party.