15. Memories

FLASHBACK

"Please, no stop. " I said pleading, begging, anything to stop this strange unknown man from hitting me. "Help " I screamed unsure if anyone could Even hear me because I was trapped inside a basement under a house in the middle of nowhere.

"Please, what did I ever do to you? " I asked sobbing out the mouth.

A slap sounded off as he hit me hardly across my face. I screamed, feeling as if my jaw was broken. " You didn't do anything to me.  I just love tormenting little girls. " He grinned showing his yellow crocked teeth. I cried even harder as he punched my jaw. I heard a cracking sound.

" Unzip your pants, little one. " He grinned.

"No, please " I screaming tears falling down my face. I never cried that hard in my life.

He grabbed my neck, chocking me om the bed. I gasped for air not being able to breathe. "Didn't I say unzip your pants? When I ask you to do something don't talk back to me." He yelled angrily.

I could feel my face turning purple. "Yes, sir " I managed to say with the little bit of air I had left. He left me go satisfied with my response. I stood up on the bed slowly unzipping my pants uncomfortably. I had no choice. I knew if i didn't he would kill me. He watch me with careful eyes as I stripped myself bare.

PRESENT

That was 8 years ago when I was only 7 years old. And now standing in front of me with the same nasty yellow crocked grin is the man who had raped me years ago.

I never thought I would see his face ever again. He was sentenced to life in prison so how in the world was he standing in front of me? I didn't know and I didn't care to find out. I could feel my stomach turning and my eyes watering just thinking about it.

I quickly left from the bar, running threw the crowd, bumping into people , desperately searching for Lala and Mari.

I ran upstairs looking for them. I checked every room in the long hall. It was about 6 doors on each side. At this point I was literally boo-hoo crying. When I got to the last room on the door I busted into the door and fell, feeling my legs getting weak.

I layed on the floor and cried unable to move. "Oh my god! " Josh said walking in from the room's personal bathroom. I didn't even know he was in here but at this point I didn't care."Are you okay? " he asked concerned. I couldn't even bring myself to answer. He lifted me up baby style, layed me on the bed, covered me up, and left out the room.

---------————————-————-—

I woke up to find myself exactly how Josh had layed me. I didn't know what to do. I walked downstairs where I found Josh cooking breakfast. I smelled all kinds of foods and thank god because I was hungry.

I looked around to ser the whole house cleared out. Everything looked neat and perfect like no party ever happened. The maid service here was everything.

He turned and faced me " Before you say anything just know that I told Lala and Mari you were staying the night with me. They figured we were going to do the nasty so they didn't think twice about leaving you here. And I personally called Ashley myself so she wouldn't worry about you.

How did he know about Ashley? Instead of asking I simply just said "Thanks. " He handed me a plate of food and I devoured it like it was my last. While eating we talked a little.

When finished he walked upstairs and I followed him to their game room. I walked in eyeing all the games in this room. Oh my god. Ping pong table, xbox 1, PS4, pool table, fues ball table, flat screen tv, karaoke machine, literally anything you could name was in this room.

"So what happened last night? You were crying and you looked  awful and scared like you had saw a ghost or something. " He askes curiously.

Tears starting coming to my eyes just at the mention of it. Josh looked at me and saw I was about to cry, and held me tightly in his arms. I literally broke down. Something about him seemed so loving and trustworhing.

At that very moment I began telling Josh the story I had told no one else. Not even my parents knew about what had happened. Only other person that knew was Larry and now Josh. After finishing my story Josh's exact words were: I'm here now. No one will ever hurt you like that again. I'll protect you.

I didn't even know exactly what he meant by that but something about it  seemed so warmed and genuine.

"Pinky promise you won't ever share that story with anyone." I said holding out my pinky finger.

"I more than pinky promise, I swear to you, Cassie Wellington, I won't tell anyone that story for as long as I live." He said.

We embaced in a long hug. I don't know where this is going but all I know is that I like it....