16. Avoiding

"What's happened girl? " Mari and Lala both said referring to Josh's party.

It was the Monday after his party. I haven't seen them since Friday, the day of. "Nothing. " I said. Nothing really did happen to be truthfully honest. We talked alot. He opened up to me about things , I opened up to him. It was very comforting to have someone to tall to other than just Ashley and the Twins.

I decided not to tell the twins or Ashley about what happened when I was 8 or about how I saw him again . I just didn't want to open up about it yet. But I mean, I did open up about it to Josh but I guess that different.

"So nothing happened? " they asked in a curious tone.

"I swear, nothing happened. " I smiled. Just as I finished my sentence Josh walked through the door. He didn't even go to his normal table where he usually sat at. Instead, he took a seat next to me.

"Wassup five head? " he teased

"My FORE head isn't big. " I laughed putting special emphasis on the word fore.

"What ever kid." He chuckled.

"But your head on the other hand.... " I said looking at his fore head. It wasn't actually big. It was perfect to be truthful but a joke couldn't hurt.

While at Josh's house we actually did get alot closer. I felt I could trust him alot. I don't know why. I hope I wasn't putting my trust in him a little to fast.

"Josh and Cassie kissing in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. " The twins sung on sync.

My cheeks started to get red. Thankfully one of Josh's friend called him over to him normal table before he could see. After he left the table the twins instantly jumped om my case.

"You like him, don't you? " Lala asked.

"Eww, umm no" I mean "Of course not " I said trying my best not to reveal the truth.

"So if you don't like him, why are you blushing? " Mari asked.

"Okay Okayy Maybe I have a little teeny weeny crush on him but that's it." I said trying to convince myself more than then.

"Well we're here to save you. Don't do Cassie. In the end, your feelings we'll end up getting hurt. " Lala said.

I didn't want to believe her, but I knew she was right. I have been hurt enough in my life already, which made me really insecure. I didn't want to get hurt again so I decided to just stay as far away from him as possible so that I would've fall for him anymore.

I said my goodbye's to Lala and Mari and grabbed my things to walk out the cafeteria. On my way out I took a look at Josh, I couldn't beleve what I saw. He was kissing Harmony. A nasty slobby mouth kiss. And to believe I was almost falling for him. The twins were right.

I quickly walled out of the cafeteria. At a moment like this I wished Larry was here to give me advice about this. I really missed him and tje fact that I still didn't find out his murderer or haven't even heard anything about his case from the
police is starting to bother me.

I made my way to my first class which would usually be Mr.Blad but since today is 1.3.5.7 I have Ms.Gonzalez.

Unfortunately Josh and Harmony are both in this class. The plan is to stay as far away from both of them as possible. As soon as Josh walked in, I couldnt even bare to look at him. This was really making me feel some kind of way even though we don't go together, I mean I thought we had something special. I don't know, something about him just felt kind if different that's with other boys.

He sat down next to me. "You want to go to a snack bar after school?" He asked.

"No " I said coldly. He looked hurt but I just brushed it off and I acted like I didn't care when I really did.

Avoiding him was going to be harder than I thought.