19. Dreams

Just as I was about to answer Chad's queston, Josh pulled up. "Oh no! " Josh stepped out his car.

"Whose this dude? " Chad asked getting off one knee defensively. Chad was always one to pick fights but Josh wasn't one to back down. I could already see where this was going. I shook my head.

"The question is who are you?"

Chad looked at him up and down, then he turned to me. " Think about my offer. I miss you princess. " He used to always call me that. "Hit me up when you're ready to be with a real man and not a boy. " He says looking at Josh and with that he gets in his car and pulls off.

I just stood there frozen. Lord knows what Josh is thinking. I really like him and didn't want anything to mess up what we had going. I mean we weren't going together but still.

He looks at not saying anything. " I can explain. " I say.

" No need. " he says.

He walks to his car and opens the passengers door for me to get in. The ride to my house was silent.

When I finally got home I ran to tell Ashley everything that had happened. Cheerleading, Chad, everything.

---—-——————-—————————

I walked through the school hallway with Lala and Mari. It was Thursday and we were on our way to first block. I saw Josh in the hallway with Harmony all hugged up on her. I felt a stinf of pain but tried my best not to let it phase me.

I opened my locker as he walked behind me. "Why are you talking to her? "

"Oh I thought thats wjat we were doing now. "

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Talking to other people, how you talk to Chad. " I just looked at him and slammed my locker. I sped away down the hall.

He caught up to me and put his arms around my shoulder. "I'm playing. " He laughs. " I need the answer to the math home work. If I get lower than a (c) my mom will trip. I need answers and she has answers. " He says.

"It wasn't funny. " I pout playfully.

"I love it when your acting like a baby. " he smiles pulling my cheek and I slap his hand.

"Bye, six head I gotta get to first block before Mr.Bald kills me. "

After school I made my wat home with my girls. They were walking me there since I lived a little pass them.

"You and Josh are getting a little close. " Lala says.

"Yeahh, a little little little too close. " Mari adds putting emphasis on the too.

I crack up. "I swear you two kill me. " I say. "Speaking of getting to close we can't forget about you and Derek. " I say speaking to Mari.

She has been seeing Derek for over a month now. "Mhm " Lala teases.

"Derek isn't a boy I would bring home to momma. Well I don't think I would ever bring a boy home to momma, she crazy. And anyways I always wanted to marry a white boy. " she says Matter of factualy.

"And why do you want to do that?"

"A mixed breed of course "Lala says. "Pecan skin with hair for days and beautiful eyes. " She says. "Have you seen this black person hair? Look at mine for example. I could break combs with these. Mari has insects hiding in hers " Lala says.

"Umm No I don't. Don't listen to her." She says patting her hair.

This two had me cracking up.

I made my way into the house. It was only 3:45. I was soo tired. I decided a nap would'nt hurt. I layed down dozing off.

DREAM

"If you're going to kill me, kill me now. I'm never going to tell you where she is. " Larry yells.

"Ohh so you're not going to speak up ? It's you or her. Either way someones dies. "

"Fine, kills me then. Take me, but don't hurt her. " Larry cries.

Two gun shots sounded off.

PRESENT

I awoke from my dream crying. Everything seemed so real. It almost seem as if I was there.

In my dream the man who shot Larry was... the same man who raped me.
My grandmother alway told me that dreams were a piece to a puzzle of the present. Could it be that he killed Larry forreal?....