Prologue: Kaname and Zero Kuran

"Zero! Kaname!" called a voice. The two men turned around to see a tall, beautiful woman with long black hair. "Cadence. Good to see you again!" Zero said with a soft smile. "How are you two? Oh, hello, Blake, how are you?" Cadence asked as she spotted the small boy, clinging to Zero's and Kaname's pant leg. The boy, Blake said nothing before brightening up when he noticed the child near Cadence's skirt. The child was dressed in a frilly pink dress with shoulder length hair. 

"This is Jules, Blake. Jules, how about you say hi?" Cadence asked Jules as Jules watched Blake curiously. "Hi! I'm Jules!" Jules said cheerfully, approaching Blake. "Blake, you can go outside and play with Jules if you want to." Kaname said to Blake, which Blake nodded in response to. The three adults watched as the two small children left the room, walking outside to the balcony outside. "Blake looks so much like you, Kaname. Though I recognize that expression anywhere on Zero." Cadence joked with a smirk. 

Kaname and Zero sighed and rolled their eyes. "I'm pretty sure Blake takes after Kaname the most. He's got your hair and eyes." Zero said, with a smirk at Kaname. "Well, he got his beauty from his mother. That I know." Kaname said back as he wrapped an arm around Zero's waist. "Anyway, how are you guys these days?" Cadence asked, grabbing the two men's attention. "This party is a big break for me. All I've been doing is paperwork all day. It's sometimes so tiring." Kaname said. "Well, I'm just helping around the castle. I need to keep an eye on Blake. He sometimes disappears to go find Kaname." Zero said with a sigh. 

"How is everything with the Vampire Counsel? What is their verdict on Blake being your heir?" Cadence asked, her voice becoming more serious. 

"Blake is only considered an aristocrat to the public. Thought he could be considered a pureblood with Zero's transformation into being a Carrier vampire." Kaname said, meeting eyes with Zero. "Regardless of his bloodline, he is your sole heir to the Kuran Clan. Nothing can change that." Zero said, holding eye contact with Kaname. 

"Well, I hope no one argues with that. From where I'm standing, Blake will make a great king. He's determined and daring, but also clever and perceptive." Cadence said with a grin. "Cadence, you're too kind." Zero said. "No, I think I'm right. He does have high expectations placed on him." Cadence answered. Kaname and Zero looked at each other before turning back to Cadence. 

"So, how is Jules?" Zero asked. "Oh, he's doing alright. Kurama tells me I'm spoiling him too much, but he's just so sweet and cute! I think he'll be great!" Cadence said with excitement. 

"Jules might be a little careless and dreamy, but I can see he has a good heart." Zero said. 

"I'm sure you'll raise him well." Kaname said. "Thank you." Cadence said in response. 

Kaname, Zero and Cadence talked more as they decided to go outside to supervise their children. 

"Mommy! Daddy!" Jules cried out as he ran towards his two parents, Yoko Kurama and Princess Cadence. 

"Hello, Jules. Having fun?" Cadence asked the little fairy nuzzling Cadence. 

"I'm okay! I have a question!" Jules shouted getting the attention of all the adults. 

"And what would that be?" Cadence asked. 

"Um..." Jules started to say. 

Then, Jules made eye contact with Zero who smiled back at the little fairy. 

"I want to know about Uncle Kaname and Uncle Zero love story." Jules asked hesitantly, hiding in his mom's chest. 

"What brought this on?" Kaname asked curious. 

"Well, Blake asked!" Jules said, pointing to the black haired vampire boy. 

"Oh, Blake? Is that true?" Zero asked, picking up the baby vampire. 

Blake shrugged, nuzzling Zero's neck. 

"Alright, we can tell you." Zero said. 

This made Jules and Blake perk up in interest as they got comfortable and ready to hear the story of Kaname and Zero's romance. 

"So, it all started after the death of your Uncle Rido and Cross Academy was being rebuilt..." Kaname started.