Fang 12: To be a Vampire Queen

Once Kaname and Zero came back to the academy, they both went back to their rooms. Kaname kisses Zero on the cheek before turning and walking back to his room. 

Zero walked back to his dorm room smiling softly, twirling the rose between his fingers. Once he was inside his dorm room, he closed the door, pressing his back against the door before sliding down until he sat onto the floor, sighing dreamily. 

He looked like a lovestruck school girl, but he didn't care. He was the happiest boy in the world since all the terrible things that have happened to him. 

Kaname was feeling giddy as he entered his dorm room to see the entirety of his inner circle staring at him expectantly and amused. 

"So, how was the date, Kaname?" Takuma asked. 

"I thought I was secretive enough." Kaname thought. 

"I don't know what you are talking about." Kaname answered. 

"Liar." Kain said with a grin. 

"You're not talking yourself out of this one." Rima said. 

"After all, if you make Zero your mate. He becomes our queen." Shiki added. 

"We just want to make sure he's a good fit for you! We only want the best for you, Kaname-sama!" Aido said determinedly. 

Kaname sighed before smiling. 

"The date was great. I really think I love Zero. He would be a wonderful queen." Kaname admits which make his inner circle happy. 

"Well, we first have to test him ourselves to see if he has what it takes to be the Kuran Queen." Aido says. 

Kaname laughs. 

"Alright, but don't be too harsh on him." Kaname reminded. 

On the other side of the door was two fuming girls in the form of Ruka and Yuki. 

"How dare Zero take Kaname away from me!" Yuki exclaimed. 

"How dare Kaname-sama choose that ill-mannered, disrespectful hunter as his mate?" Ruka scoffed. 

"I am going to get you, Zero!" They both thought angrily. 

"You wanted to see me?" Zero asked as he followed Shiki. The red haired vampire was leading him to a room with everything taken out of the room or the furniture was pushed to the side. 

"Since Kaname is considering to make his mate, we wanted to test you." Shiki said. 

Zero looked surprised and then, blushed at the word, "mate." 

"What's wrong with how I am?" Zero asked. 

"Nothing, necessarily. But the entirety of vampire society would throw a fit that their vampire queen is not very refined or high-class." Takuma said as he came out into the open. 

Then, the entire night class came out into the open. 

"So, we're going to teach you how to be a proper aristocratic vampire." Takuma explained. 

"Do I have to?" Zero said, pouting at the idea. 

"I'm afraid you're going to have to if you want to be with Kaname." Shiki said. 

Zero simply sighed before nodding. 

"Alright." He said. 

"Don't worry too much. I assure you that you're doing better than Yuki." Takuma said with a chuckle. 

Thus, Zero's vampire training began. 

Aido taught Zero all of the history of the vampires, mostly focusing on the topics that Zero wouldn't be familiar with due to being a hunter. 

Takuma taught Zero all the proper behaviour and mannerisms that were needed to impress the judgemental vampires of society. Things such as walking with your head up and not slouching which was something Zero did often. 

Shiki and Rima worked on dressing Zero in different outfits for parties and special occasions. Zero felt like a mannequin as they just made him try on different outfits before his closet was full enough like an aristocratic vampire. 

Finally, Zero got a breather from the exhausting lessons to getting to spar with Kain to polish his fighting skills. 

Zero was trying out the Artemis rod one more time as he dodged Kain's strikes and striking the other vampire with the rod swiftly. 

This he could do. 

With one specific aggressive strike, the rod glowed as it seemed to change shape into a scythe only for the light to fade and for the rod to remain its normal shape. 

Zero blinked at the rod surprised. 

"What, tired yet, Zero?" Kain taunted playfully.

"You wish!" Zero challenged back as he charged at Kain again. 

"Maybe one day I can turn it into a scythe." Zero thought. 

Author Notes: 

Hey it's Cadence! This chapter is a little short but I think it's' fun! Zero is training to be the vampire queen! Go Zero Go! 😆 😁 😄