Fang 11: Feelings Shown

Once Zero was healed from his attack, the infirmary doctor checked on him before letting him go back to the night class dorms. 

Shiki got the honour of escorting Zero to the night class dorms while Kaname and Takuma were busy controlling the night class. 

"How are feeling Kiryu-san?" Shiki asked to a quiet Zero. 

"I feel better. What have I missed?" Zero asked curious as he pushed back his hair from his face. His silver hair glistened in the moonlight. 

"Kaname wanted me to keep you safe when he can't be there." Shiki said. 

Zero looked surprised before smiling lightly, looking down at the floor. 

"Yeah, that checks out these past few days." Zero said laughing lightly. 

"You do know why he checks on you right?" Shiki asked looking at Zero intently. 

Zero looks back at Shiki. 

"Well, I no longer need to protect Yuki and he no longer has to keep me from falling to Level E so honestly no." Zero replied. 

Shiki gives him an exasperated look before sighing. 

"Why does Kaname like you if you can't figure it out?" Shiki wondered in thought. 

The two make it to the night class dorms as he enters his dorm room. 

Everything looks exactly the same and how he left his room before he was kidnapped. 

He walks over to the night desk and pulls out the drawers to see the hunter weapons as he left them. 

He carefully pulled out his Bloody Rose gun and attached the chain to his white school jacket and placed the gun in his pocket. 

Then, he carefully placed Artemis rod in a pocket on the inside of his jacket where his chest would be. 

"It's nice to see these again." Zero thought. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door which made Zero startle before walking quietly up to the door and opening it slowly. 

There in the doorway was Kaname. 

Kaname looks at Zero with a content smile. 

"Kana-I mean, Kuran." Zero said before shutting up and looking away awkwardly. 

"You can call me Kaname if you wish to." Kaname said. 

"Alright, if it's all the same to you. What are you doing here, Kaname?" Zero asked. 

Kaname couldn't help but enjoy the sound of his name from Zero. Zero made his name sound so eloquent. 

"Well, I wanted to check in on you. Just making sure you were okay." Kaname said. 

"Oh?" Zero thought in surprise. "He's worried about me?" 

"I'm doing alright now. Though I would like to take a break from life a little bit. Especially since then..." Zero said quietly. 

Zero looked down at the ground nervously and fearful. The memories of what happened to him make him so unnerved that he sometimes couldn't think. 

"If you would like, we could go out and have some fun." Kaname suggested. 

Zero looked up at him in surprise, looking adorable. 

"If you have time that is, of course." Kaname added hastily. 

Zero brightened up with a grin. 

"The great king of the vampires wants to hang out with little old me? I'm flattered really. I should check my schedule to see if I have an open position." Zero said acting very over dramatic and playful.