Chapter 2 : Life in Auradon

Evie's Pov

I was in her dorm as she was doing fittings for Chad's cape as he admired himself in the mirror.

"What about peacock feathers? Yeah I bet no one's  gonna have that at Cotillion." Chad said.

I sighed. "Chad, when I look at you all I could think of is King and fake fur." 

"Oh." Chad smiled.

"Fake fur says it all." I replied.

"Loud and Clear." Doug added.

Then Jay pass by the room and stop.

"Amphitheater in five." Jay said to Chad.

"Why did coach make him captain instead of me? I'm obviously better." Chad scoffed as he did a pose and admire himself in the mirror. "King Chad though. Don't mind the sound of that. You know who would like that?" 

"Who?" I asked faking interest.

"Audrey." Chad replied.

I nodded and played along. "She would." 

"Chad let's go." Jay said.

"I'm coming." Chad huffed stepping off the platform and made his way out the room.

I grabbed his cape off his shoulders before he got through the door.

I turned to Doug. "Not a lot if there there." 

We share a laugh as I was cleaning up." Someone is obviously having trouble dealing with his break up with Audrey." I said.

"Yeah I'm glad Ben broke up with her she's toxic and the way she treated you guys and Kai was not cool." Doug replied before turning from his computer to me ." Also I've been doing the numbers." 

"Yeah?" I asked.

Doug began to type. "After we collect from all the girls for their gowns and Chad's cape…." 

Dough typed a few buttons and showed her and I was surprised by the amount.

"Wow no wonder people work, What am I gonna do with all this money?" I asked.

"I think in the next few years you could buy that castle you always wanted that way you don't need a prince." Doug said.

I placed my hand on top of Doug's and smiled. "You're right I don't because I have you." 

No One's Pov

Mal was at her locker when Kai came up to her.

"Hi Mal." Kai said.

"Hey Kai." Mal replied back.

"I have a surprise for you." Kai said as Mal's eyes widened.

"Again? Wow, that's like everyday now." Mal said.

"That's every other day, the even days because you're even perfect I thought." Kai replied as Mal gave off a laugh.

"That is me, I am perfect." Mal said.

"Come on let me spoil you, we both know that we didn't have much growing up. Kai said.

"We managed." Mal replied.

"Didn't you donate that to the museum?" Kai questioned, as he pointed into her locker.

Mal realized that Kai was referring to her spell book and she closed her locker immediately. "Is that still there? Um...I have to get to class."

Kai soon stopped Mal and guided her down the hall then she gasped as she saw her new purple Vespa scooter as Ben smiled.

"Do you like it?" Kai asked.