Chapter Five: Communication

I grumbled and pushed myself up, I got dressed and walked into my bathroom. I stood there staring at myself, telling myself what I should do today. My first objective is to avoid Karly, so I won't die and I should talk to the new kid in class. I mean I don't know him, it wouldn't be to bad, if he doesn't like me it won't matter... Right?

"Honey, you coming down for breakfast?" I wiped my face, while continuing to brush my hair.
"In a minute, mom!" I grabbed my science text book and rushed down the stairs. I continued to eat my cereal, blocking out my annoying brat sisters story, thinking about what I should say.

As I get to school, I make sure to avoid any contact with Karly or her pupils, I mean it wasn't my fault, why was I so scared? I walked down the hall, hoping to find Amie, with no hope. I somehow made it through all of my classes, without seeing Karly, nor Amie. I sat down in Ms.Drane's class, seeing that Karly wasn't there. I get it now, Karly must've been worried that Amie posted the video and that everyone would laugh at her.
Class was almost over so I decided to try and talk to the new guy. I turned around slightly so it wasn't obvious that I wanted to talk to him, I saw him in the corner of my eye. He was drawing?

He was actually a really good artist, but why wasn't he working on the assignment? "Chance! Pay attention and work, you can daydream after school!" I suddenly turned, to face at the front in almost an instant. I continued to work on my assignment.

"Listen up class! This assignment is due by the end of this week! So work hard, and maybe you can get your assignments done early like the exchange student." I looked at my sheet, being an unbeliever. There is no way he got this assignment done in one day! That it literally impossible.

I was walking home through the back like I always do, when one of Karly's pupils walked up to me. "Oh no," I whispered under my breath.

"So you are the girl from yesterday, ha! Your clothes just keep getting worse. Anyways Karly sent me here to nag you because of what you and your friend did to her yesterday." I tried to make a runaway plan but there really wasn't many places to go, she was also in my personal bubble.
"Leave me alone!" I yelled. She went and grabbed my notebook right out of my hands, I tried to get it back, but like the weakling I am, I had no luck.
"What is this?" She went through my notebook throwing put all my loose pages, letting them get ruined in the puddle. "Oh, look at what we got here! It's an essay, due in two days!" My eyes widened as I realized what was going to happen. She grabbed the pages and ripped them out, tearing the pages and throwing them in the puddle aswell, if it couldn't get worse she threw my notebook in it too.

She walked away laughing. I was at the verge of crying, not just because she ruined my essay, but of how cruel she was.

"That wasn't fair, what she did." Suddenly I turned my head to be face to face with the new kid, well more like face to mask. "Don't you agree?"

"Um, you saw that?" He picked up my book and papers out of the puddle.

"Ya, I can kind of read this still, do you want me to re write this out for you?" It felt weird, I knew something was wrong.

"Er, no it's fine. I can do it."
I grabbed the book out of his hands and right when I was about to leave, I stopped and looked back at him. "Um, thanks. Er, what's your name?" I never actually heard his first name yet, just his last.

"Oh, um. My name is New, and yes I know it's a dumb name." I looked down for a minute and tried not to laugh.

"So your full name is New York... Ok then," I looked back up at him and thanked him one more time before we departed.