Chapter 7:Confused

"But, I, er well." Ms. Drane looked at me oddly, it wasn't like I was going to tell her that I didn't do this. My mind was rushing with all sorts of questions.

I quickly grabbed the papers and some what read it. I defiantly didn't write this!

I handed it back to her and sat down quietly as she continued with the class. When she was finished I turned around and noticed New doodling, he quickly covered it though.

All I saw was a drawing of a cow and a = sign. It said Cow equals Bacon, I only hope for his sake I saw it wrong. When I looked back at his face I noticed he was looking right at me, through the mask. "What is it...?" I sat up quickly.

"Oh er, nothing!" He sat up hiding his paper, looking back up at me.

"Really now... Sure." He pulled out another paper with an uncompleted drawing. It was beautiful. Abstract shapes and patterns, making up the feathers of a peacock. My eyes widened and New obviously noticed.

"Seriously, you should get back to work I don't want to be stuck- Er never mind..." I looked at him oddly, getting weird looks from the person beside him.

"What do you mean? You don't want to get stuck with what." He ignored me and continued drawing. At the end of class we all rushed out since it was the end of the day. I tried to catch up to New but since my locker was at the end of the hall I had to run, which o n my part made me look high or drunk. Since I haven't been either I wouldn't know.

"New! Wait up!" I was right behind him, when I stumbled bumping into him, causing a piece of paper to fall out of his binder. "I'm so sorry!" I quickly reached down and picked up the panflet. "I <3 New York?" He quickly grabbed the tour panflet.

"D-Don't!" He sounded embarrassed, this only made me twice as confused as before. I again apologized then made my way home. When I got home my moms car wasn't in the driveway so she was probably shopping. I walked inside to see Sam on the couch. I went to go upstairs but then Sam started to speak.

"Chance, please come here I need to talk to you." I walked over to her and sat down. I let her talk. "I know you have met New, right?" I nodded. "Good, now I need to tell you something important, all I need to tell you is that my "Friend" isn't real, you may be confused, don't think to hard." I scratched the top of my head. Honestly what is going on!?!