Forgiveness

With tears streaming down my face, I came
to my senses while Young Do froze. I started dressing up. I took my bag and was fixing my things that I brought into the hotel. Young Do put over his Polo shirt. I was about to leave when He hugged me from behind. "Don't touch me!!"I screamed. "미안해 Ari," he cried out."It won't undo anything! What's happened, happened." I opened the door and pulled the luggage behind. "Don't follow me, It'll create more problems for us." I begged him. I walked out of his hotel room, all eyes on me and all I could hear was whispers of "Is that Ari?!" I could only hope that Young Do doesn't follow me. I ran out of there as fast as I could and called a taxi to head home. I Unloaded my luggage and was faced with guards. "What the hell are you doing here?" Madam, your father he-" with that my mom hurried past the guards and she grabbed my wrist. "Hurry! Your father is not in the mood today."  My mom lead me to the house and put my luggage in a guest room. "Take a shower and change. We need to go somewhere!" I didn't complain and grabbed a dark grey dress. I fixed my hair and make up. As soon as I got out of my room my mom lead me to the car. We sat in silence until we got to an Italian restaurant.
When we got there my dad was already at a table looking serious as ever. I sat next to him. "Don't embarrass me. Act like your supposed to" I knew that he wanted something out of this. Our food came and I was 'playing' with my food. When the people we were meeting came. I looked up and saw the person I never wanted to see. He sat down staring at me intently. Our fathers ate and chatted about business as usual. But we were both getting restless and with the incident this morning, I wanted to get away from him as far as possible. Finally an hour later of our parents chatting, my dad finally said, "Im going to cut to the chase. You two are going on a 2 week business trip wether you like it or not." I dropped the fork I was holding, shocked at what I heard. My father stared at me, and I held in my anger. He gave both of us tickets to jeju-do. "We're taking a chance on letting you two handle negotiations on branching out our hotel in jeju-do." "Why are you only telling us this now? And you've never trusted me with the business before?" He replied with, " I know and I'm taking a chance here Ari, I expect you to have a successful negotiation. And your the only one under my control." I'm not a puppet. You can't make me do this. Whilst holding back tears I ran out of the restaurant. I was a few blocks away when someone grabbed my hand. "Ri-Ri, look, I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to do what ever happened last night. I don't even remember anything." With the pressure my father and my family name has given me when I was growing up, I finally broke down into tears. "I can't do this anymore, Young Do. I can't put up with all of this anymore!" "Is everything alright?" I lost it, I sobbed. He hugged me from behind and kept whispering, "It's going to be okay. Shhh. Stop crying Ri-ri" He hugged me even tighter and I calmed down after a few minutes. Young Do received a call saying we should head home because our flight was tomorrow. I kissed him on the cheek and said thank you.
As I got home, I bumped into Eun Sang helping out her mom with house work. I greeted them and headed to my room to change. A few minutes later, Eun Sang came in with kimchi soup and a bowl of rice with side dishes. She set it on my room table. "Hey I figured you were hungry so I brought this here" "thanks" She was starting to leave but I wanted her to stay. "Eun Sang, can you stay here for tonight? I just want to know you better and I'm feeling a bit lonely so..." "Umm I don't know if your parents will allow it.." "Don't worry about them!" "Oh ok" We watched a movie and chatted. "Im just wondering, how did you and Tan meet?" "Oh, Its a long story. I met him in California while visiting my older sister and we got into some sort of accident.." "What accident?" A guy he knew thought that mung bean powder was drugs so he ate it but he was allergic so I was sent to the police." "Oh my god! What an idiot!" "I was shocked as well and I needed a place to stay so he offered me his house. And the rest is history. " The more I talked to Eun Sang, the more I knew why Tan really likes her. We played Go-Stop until midnight and fell asleep on my bedroom floor.
I woke up to my drawers being opened and my clothes being shoved into my luggage. Still half-asleep, I saw two people by my bedroom door. As I gained my senses, I recognized who it was. It was Tan and Young Do with their smirks. "Good Morning, Ri-ri"