10

Gradiented purple eyes were narrowed down at the form of a blueberry haired boy who was panting heavily from the extensive training he's going through.

A few days after they were fooling around in the sports centre,Iruma had started his training immediately after as he refused to use the magic that was not from him and would like to win fair and square.

Belphie can't relate.He had always been the smart,lazy, manipulative,looking-for-an-easier-way-out sort of guy.So he'll either way do things in the fastest way possible to get back to sleep or not do it at all.

Here,as of now,all their eyes were set at Iruma whose heart was beating rapidly as he dodged the balls that Opera threw at him.Even though it had been already a few days he still hasn't managed to catch a single ball and the execution ball cannon match was tomorrow.

He dodged again as Opera told him to keep his eyes on the ball.

And it seemed that at moment something inside Iruma's snapped as he leaped and caught the ball in the air.Everyone including himself smiling at his accomplishment.

Asmodeus and Clara immediately went over to Iruma and congratulated him for his sucess with high fives.

Keeping a small smile on his face,Belphie walked towards his brother and flicked his forehead.

"Ow! Belphie! What was that for?!"Iruma complained.

"For taking that long to catch a single ball"Belphie said before placing his hand on top of Iruma's head.

"But oh well atleast now we know your chances of death in execution ball cannon are lower than last time"Belphie teased and walked off carrying the cow print pillow under his arm and towards the entrance of the mansion as he hears Opera walk over to them and tell Iruma to keep praticing if he had more energy left.

The sun was now setting as Belphie looked through the window where Iruma,Azz,and Clara were hundled up together leaning against the tree as they took a nap with Sullivan and Opera looking over them as they conversed.

Yawning,Belphie smiled in content and laid his head down on the cow print pillow and sleeping before Opera came and woke him up for dinner.

---------

The next day came as soon as the previous day had ended.And today was the day of the execution ball cannon match.

Needless to say,Iruma was nervous as he admitted during breakfast.Though the advice Opera gave him from earlier seemed to distract him from his nervousness and made him ponder about it.

Belphie agreed with Opera's words.Fear equals humiliation in demon culture.Showing fear means you accept your defeat.And the only way to get out of that situation before it gets dire is to turn fear into excitement.

Smiling a little,Belphie suprised Iruma who was beside him wondering what made his usually lazy detached brother to crack a smile.

And soon they were greeted by Clara and Asmodeus who were waiting by the gate.

Belphie usually didn't walk with Iruma,Clara and Asmodeus since he didn't want to butt in their trio dynamic.

He usually would just let them go ahead and he'd be left behind,waiting for their grandfather to come with the carriage.

So as usual he waited for the carriage to arrive.

What? He isn't the Avatar of Sloth for nothing.Even if he isn't the laziest demon in devildom he once was,he might as well start his new reputation as the laziest human in the netherworld.

-------

"Now then,we shall review the rules"Kalego stated raising the ball for everyone to see.