Chapter 7

2 days later....
Sunday night
Bash's POV

It's has been two days since Sam left and all I can say is that there has been no contact what so ever, since she left. I kept on wondering what she was doing and how she's handling the problem. I don't think she is the type to take it to the extreme, but hopefully it never comes to that. I wish I could get closer to her even though she's always cold towards everyone. I close my laptop and head down towards the living room. I stop at the staircase and hear the front door open, I see Sam enter, her clothes and hands covered with blood. Also she had a training bag with her, it seemed very heavy. She just passed me, not seeing me and went straight to the kitchen sink. I see her take of her shirt and pants. Going for the bag that she threw over the counter I see that she takes out clean clothes and puts it on. From there she moves coming toward me, I hide quickly behind the door and see her move up the stair case taking two at a time and go straight to her bedroom door. To say I was shocked was an understatement. After that all happened I went straight to my room and crashed like a rock, while thinking about Sam and who's blood was it that she had in her clothes.
--------
In the morning, I woke up to my usual routine. Wake up go to the bathroom, take a shower and change, brush my teeth, head down for breakfast and after all that I go into my study and check my work schedule. While I was sitting in my office I hear knocking at the door. Sam pops her head in and walks up to my desk.

"Reporting for today sir. I took of the matters that were needed to be taken care of and also I took up the opportunity to look at other matters concerning your safety for now we have too little people and I know that it's not my place to tell you to trust others, but I would like some people to be more around you." She said with a stoic face

"I wouldn't mind hiring other people, but I'm concerned that if I put my trust in these people, they might turn out to be working for others."

"I know your concerned, but there is nothing to worry, because I will be the one that chooses these people and I will interview the personally, also it would be a great help for the guys and me since we are only 5 people that guard that huge mansion. It troubles me that we have so many blind spaces."

"Alright it's decided then." I smiled at her.

"Ok then, I'll take my leave."she said getting up and heading for the door.

"Wait!" I exclaimed

"Is there something else you wanna talk about?" She said raising an eyebrow

"Ummm..........never mind go ahead and do what needs to be done." I stumble nervously. She just nodded and left. Fuck what was I thinking, I was so close to asking her about the blood, not that I don't want to know it's just that, why didn't she tell me what she did to make the killing attempts stop.
-------
Afternoon

I was in my office working in the commercial for our cosmetics product that's coming out in the summer. You could say that I'm a workaholic and that there is nothing more important than my work. I spend my days like this for 6 months crammed with work and travels to other agencies then later on I take some vacation weeks and come back and do it all over again. Sam, right now is interviewing the new people that she wanted for the house. I don't know what are her requirements for qualifications for their ability to risk their life for a complete stranger like me. I check out the window and I see the sun setting it's colors dancing wildly vivid of oranges, pinks, yellows, and some reds the mix and clash against each other making it all come together. I love looking at the scenery, it makes me feel calm at peace of you would say, but that moment was ruined by the ringing of the phone. I walk to the desk and pick up the telephone " Hello?" I answered

"Mr. Stone, I have the invitations that you ordered to make for the white and black charity ball for Friday." my secretary said

"Thank you, Martha may you please distribute them to the people who are attending."

"Yes, certainly sir, also is your fiancé accompanying you?" She asked

"I'm not sure, she's still doing her modeling for the fashion company that she's working with now."

"Oh, then why not invite Ms. Sam? She might be available." she suggested.

I thought about it for a while, it wouldn't be a bad idea. "Alright I'll ask her, thank you Martha, also clear my schedule for this week for Friday, so I can be able to work and set up the charity ball."

"Yes sir, I'll do that and will you personally be decorating the ball?"

"Yes I'll have Sam and the guys help out." I said

"Alright sir, I send out the invitations and is there anything else sir?"

"No Martha, you may leave."

"Goodnight sir." she said while hanging up. I lay back in my chair and think about Sam and how to ask her to go with me to the charity ball, hopefully she doesn't reject me.