Chapter 5

I was in the kitchen by myself eating cereal, the house was empty besides me, Jace and some maids here and there. My older brother and sister were at university, my mom and dad were out of the country on business and wouldn't be back for months, at this point, Jace was all i had, i felt i needed to protect him.

You should stay home.

I am.

I sat in front and put on the TV, school would start in a half an hour, i prepared now, i could be there within twenty minutes.

Don't go!

I'm not.

I sat there for the next three hours, until i heard a loud thump from up stairs, i ran up and straight into the room, only to see Jace on the floor. He was trying to get up, but couldn't, tears were running down his face, he was panicking, i ran over to him and picked him up in my arms. He was panting against my bare chest, i looked at his face, his eyes were closed, while he gripped my chest, i just stood there, but then i moved forward and lowered him to the bed, he grabbed onto me, i raised him up and sat on the bed, with him in my lap.

Don't let him go.

I'm not.

I just sat there as his breath got hotter, i felt something but i wasn't sure what it is, he flinched when i rubbed my hand over his bruised arm.

I want him.

No don't, not yet.

i turned and rested him on the bed, he looked at me, i pulled the cover off the floor and onto him, he closed in his eyes, i left the room, closing the door behind me. I walked a little and then slumped against a wall.

What was that?! he's my best friend, he's a guy, what am i doing?

I got up and went back to the TV.

You dumb ass.

Oh now you talk.

Don't go too fast, he's too fragile, so don't, unless you want to lose him.

I know, cause i don't want that.

Good.

(Jaces POV)

i dropped to the floor, i was naked, i saw Danniel move back and Charlie stepped in front of me, there were voices, but i couldn't understand them, my eyes closed in as darkness took over.

--

I groaned, my eyes opened, i felt sore, i turned and saw Charlie, he said something, something that i couldn't make out.

What are you saying?

He shouted "hey, you okay?!"

I looked at the roof as everything kicked in "everything hurts."

He said "i know."

What the fuck is he talking about?!

I felt my emotions take over, i shook my head "no you don't" i felt tears run down my face, they stung against my bruises "you don't know what it feels like, i was scared" my heart hurt, i couldn't stop crying "i couldn't do anything i was helpless!"

He stared at me, shifted closer, i felt him grip me and pull me into a hug, he touched my bruise, i winced at the pain, but i din't want him to move, i needed this, i needed him to hold me, i have to rely on someone. He held me while i continued crying, i felt worn out, completely drained, i couldn't stop my eyes from closing.

--

I opened my eyes, he was gone, i raised up and stepped off the bed, only to fall on my bruised face, the cover came down on me, i turned slowly, while i was still trying to get up, i heard someone run into the room. It was Charlie, i was already in pain, my body was sore and i was covered in bruises, unable to get up and then he comes in, i didn't want him to see me like this, not my best friend. I began to panic, tears ran down my face as i felt my heart sink, he ran over to me, picked me up and held me in his arms, he was bare chested. I felt this feeling rush over me, i couldn't help it, i couldn't stop my self, i closed my eyes and gripped his chest.

What are you doing?!

I don't know!

Then stop!

I can't.

He moved forward to the bed and lowered to me, i grabbed onto him, not yet, please, he raised up and sat on the bed with me in his lap, he was holding me. I felt my breath get hotter, my heart raced, he rubbed his hand over my bruised arm, i flinched, he turned and rested me down on the bed, he leaned down and picked up the cover, placing it gently over me, it felt so good. I closed my eyes, i heard him walk away and pull in the door, i turned and just stared at it.

What are you doing?

I don't know.

Then don't, do you want to lose your best friend?

No!

Then don't, you can't have those feelings, he's a guy, so don't think like that.

Fine i wont.

I just laid there, my head hurts, i have bruises, i'm sore, everything hurts, what happened to Danniel, why am i here with Charlie and not with him, hating every second of it.

He saved you.

Oh yeah.

You didn't thank him.

I should do that.

No shit.

But maybe later.

You fucker, get off this bed and go now!

Fine!

I rose up, being careful not to fall again, i stepped lightly, opened the door and went downstairs, he was staring at the TV, he had a blank expression. I stepped forward, went and stood by him, he still didn't notice me.

"Charlie."

He still didn't look, so i moved forward and dropped down on the couch next to him, bad idea, i winced as the pain got worse, i scrunched up my face.

You have bruises dumb ass!

I just remembered that.

I looked up at him, he stared at me "what are you doing?"

"Sitting."

He rolled his eyes "be careful, you're covered in bruises."

I looked away and pouted "i know."

Just then my stomach growled, he looked at it and then back at my face "come on."

He got up and i painfully followed him to the kitchen, he took out juice, milk and placed it next to the cereal, he grabbed two, glasses, bowls and spoons. He set it up and looked up at me.

"Sit" i did and we began to eat.

What should i tell him?

Crack a joke.

"Breakfast for lunch."

He looked at me, smirked and continued eating.

Nice one.