Chapter 52

Jace

I jumped up from my dream and looked around, the room was dark so i started to feel around only to feel someone lying next to me, i hoped it wasn't Nathan as i moved in to see if i could see the person's face.

I put my hand on him cautiously as i ran my hands up and onto his face, there was no prickles which meant that this wasn't Nathan unless he had shaved, i was about to pull away my hand when the person grabbed it.

I yelp and tried pulling it away until i heard the voice "who is this?"

I felt a tear slip down my face, it was John, he was next to me, i couldn't help but hug him as he rubbed my back recognizing me.

"Are you okay?" i nodded and placed my face in the crook of his neck, he pulled him self up holding onto me, i felt his hands on my thigh and realized i was still naked aside form the jersey.

"Why are you naked?" i saw all the images of what Nathan did to me flash through my head over and over until i heard John call my name "Jace, what's wrong, Jace stop shaking please you're okay right, please say you're okay?"

All i could do was grip onto him as tremors raked my whole body, i felt the tears roll down my face and small whimpers escaped my lips.

"What did they do to you, please tell me?" i shook my head and just pushed my face closer to his neck.

He held me as he got off the bed, walking around the bed, he started feeling the walls and then i heard a click and a gasp escaped his lips, he dropped down to the ground with me as his hand ran over the bruises on my skin.

"What is the meaning of this?" he pulled back trying to look at me but i wouldn't allow it, i couldn't let him see me like this, not when he had just come out of his daze, i wiped my face and pulled back giving him my best smile.

He lowered me to my feet and examined me with concerned eyes "who touched you Jace, who did this to you?" i shook my head "don't fucking lie to me, tell me who did this to you." he snarled at me "i need to be able to help at least one of you, so please tell me?"

I studied his face before my gaze fell and i whispered "Nathan."

"He's a dead man."

He moved over to the door and tried to turn the knob, it was locked he moved past me and started searching through the room for something, he pulled out a sweat pants and threw it at me, i pulled them on and watched as he moved from the counter with a hair clip and what looked like a tweezers in his hand.

He knelled down in front of the door and played with it for a bit before it opened, he got up and took my hand, sneaking out the room, we stepped down the stairs thanking the heavens it wasn't creaking, we walked an were about to reach the door until i pulled him back.

"Charlie, we can't leave him." he nodded at me and opened  the door, pulling my hand and pushing me outside.

"I'll go get him, if i'm not back in five minutes, you run and get help okay." before i could answer he locked in the door, i just stood there staring at it counting in my head.

By my count which i was praying was wrong five minutes had passed and i just stood there staring at the door, i felt a tear escape my eyes, the door opened and John came out with Charlie thrown over his shoulder.

"Go!" i turned and he locked in the door before we both began to run, every once in a while i would turn around to look at him and he would just nod his head. Suddenly we ran onto sand and i stopped to watch as a wave came in "shit, we're on a beach."

We both continued to run but the sand was slowing us down, we finally reached this slope and climbed up it, going as fast as we could, we reached the top and were about to run again when we heard a gun shot.

I held my side as i felt warm liquid form at my side i dropped to my knees, John pulled me to my feet and ran with me, i followed him as best as i could while in a daze, i could hear Alec and Nathan screaming behind us, but it all sounded blurry, my knees were growing weak.

I could finally feel the road against my feet as we continued to run, i held desperately to Johns hand, he held onto me tight as he carried Charlie, how was he able to do it, was the last thing i thought before my world went black.