Chapter 20

Charlie

I don't know how long i was asleep but i woke up to the sound of a thud, i rubbed the sleep out of my eyes perked my head up as the door opened. Loic came in stumbling, i jumped off the bed and rushed to his side as he collapsed on the floor, i held onto his side and felt a deep gash stretching from his hip to his upper rib cage and he was covered in blood.

He was panting and trying to catch his breath "c-call Dom... le-let him kno-know we're under... we're under attack." his eyes shut in and his body went limp.

Knowing that i didn't have Dominik's number i searched his pockets and found his phone, i searched through the contacts and found his number before pressing call. The phone was answered on the first ring.

"Loic, what's up?" his voice sounded casual as it wrung through the speaker.

"It's not Loic, it's Charlie-" before i could explain his booming voice cut me off.

"Charlie, why do you have Loic's phone, where is he?!"

His sudden out burst caught me off guard "He- he's here, he's been hurt and he's unconscious he said we were under attack and he passed out, he's bleeding out."

"Fuck, try and cut off the bleeding i'm on my way, oh he has a shot gun under his bed go get it for protection, i'm on my way." i heard a door slam as the phone cut.

I grabbed one off my t-shirts off the bed, ripped it, pulled up his shirt and tied the top around his torso, his body shifted and jolted as i pulled it tight. After i was finished i placed a pillow under his head, got up and ran to the room at the top of the stairs, the black door was locked in, i ran back to him and frantically searched through his clothing, finally pulling it out his jacket pocket.

I ran back across the hall, as i put the key in the hole i heard banging on the front door, i turned to go down but stopped in my tracks.

It's not Dominik!

I spun around and quickly opened the door, as i heard the front door fly open and people ran into the house, i grabbed the gun from under the bed, as i ran out the door a man came and stood at the top of the stairs. Without a second thought i cocked the gun and it fired, knocking both me and him back, i got up and held the rib i had most likely just broken, looked and saw the guy lying dead at the bottom of the step with a big gaping hole where his heart used to be.

Another man came to the step and looked up at me, with anger written all over his face, this time holding it properly i cocked the gun and fired it at his head, causing the top to explode, his eyes rolled up in his head, he dropped down to his knees and then face planted. I heard a gun go off and before i could move it went through my side sending a wave of pain coursing through my body.

I held the gun and fired at the person who moved aside causing the bullet to hit the railing shattering it, i fired again trying my best to ignore the pain and the blood that was flowing out of me. I cocked the gun and fired again, i was firing all misses, i was completely panicked, all the training i got went out the window so i couldn't aim and was bruising myself by holding the gun wrong.

I cocked and tried to fire again, the gun was empty, i stood there staring at the thing.

What was i supposed to do i don't remember, help?!

You need more bullets dumb-ass move quickly!

I turned and ran just in time as a bullet whizzed pass my head, i ran into his room and checked under the bed, his bullets weren't there, what asshole kept his gun separate from his bullets?

I ran to his closet and tried to open it, shit it needed a key i spun around only to face, a brute with dark hair and a menacing grin.