Chapter 53

John

I struggled to hold onto Jace as he fell tot the ground i looked back to see Alec and Nathan running behind us and getting closer, i pulled Jace up and threw him over my other shoulder, they were pretty heavy but i had to push my self.

I broke into a run focusing on getting away instead of the pain that was erupting through my legs as my feet slapped against the road, Jace was the last of my brothers and i was given one last chance to show i could protect him and that was exactly what i was going to do, even if it felt impossible.

I stumbled a bit but regained my balance but i made the mistake of looking back, Nathan and Alec tackled me. knocking me to the road as Jace and Charlie flew from my grasp, i jumped up and attacked Nathan slamming his head against the road.

Alec grabbed me by my hair pulling me off of him "i fucking told you to give him another dose but you don't fucking listen do you Nathan?!"

I spun and kicked him to the neck making him drop, before i ran and tackled Nathan once again slamming his head repeatedly to the ground, his hands fell from my wrist that he was desperately gripping, i spat on him moving just as Alec swung for my head.

I flicked kicking him in his face there was no fucking way i was going to let him win, i was going to come back and kill him myself, i spun kicking him in his face once again and he collapsed as unconsciousness took over.

I pulled up Jace and Charlie before braking into a run, we needed to get away and hopefully they would stay out long enough for us to get away.

--

I put Jace and Charlie  to lean up behind the building before heading inside the mini-mart, i walked up to the cashier as she looked up from the book she was reading smiling up at me "um can i borrow your phone?"

Her blue eyes grew wide and she bit her lip "um i can't do that, i don't think my boss would like that, plus he's not even in and i can't loose this job."

I put my hands on the counter and got closer "i understand that but it's an emergency please?"

I saw her study my face before slowly nodding and pulling out her cell, she handed it to me, and i pulled it from her hand instantly dialing dad, it took five rings before he answered his phone.

"Who's this?"

"Dad it's John-"

"What John where the hell are you, huh?" he said frantically with a sound of relief in his tone.

I told him where we were and he said he would be there soon, i hung up and handed her the phone back she smiled at me, before looking to her side and handing me a box of tissues, i just watched her before she smirked.

"Your face has blood on it, did something happen? o h wait never mind we just met and you don't even know my name i shouldn't be asking you questions." she said shaking her hands wildly.

I took the tissue and wiped my face "thanks."

--

I was sitting outside trying to get Jace to drink the water that the girl called Bobby had given me, but he wouldn't drink it which meant he was seriously out for the count, i watched as a car drove up and i moved back against the wall when Alec stepped out of it with Nathan.

How did they find us so fast, i moved back and went around the back of the building going in the door, i peeked from the door to see the two of them questioning Bobby and her face was fixed in a scowl before she told them what they could go do with themselves, i smirked and moved back when Alec glanced over.

By this time she was yelling "are you going to buy anything cause if not the exit is there?!" she pointed at the exit as her eye twitched.

They put up their hands in defense before turning on their heels and walking out the mini-mart, i went out back the door and moved around the building to see them get in the car, spin it around and drive off, i let out the breath i just realized i had been holding in.

I moved back to check on Jace he looked pale, i had blocked up the bullet hole, but he was still loosing blood, i was about to shift him but stiffened when i felt something cold against my back, i turned around to see Nathan pointing a gun at me.

His face was badly bruised Alec smirked as he made his way over to us "i really wasn't expecting to find you here and i wouldn't have if you hadn't sneaked inside to peep on us, but now that we found you we can't take any more risk and i have no reason to keep the three of you alive, you're better to me dead." 

Nathan cocked his gun i swung my hand knock it away just as he fired it before kicking him in his stomach making him stumble back, did they honestly think i would get this far only to be killed, as if, i pulled Nathan into me just as Alec fired at me, Nathan cried out as the bullet went into his back.

I pushed him at his dad before running and kicking him in his chest knocking them both over, i turned and grabbed up the gun only to turn around and see Alec pointing his gun at my face "drop it!"

I dropped it and stood up thinking of what i should do next, he cocked his gun and was about to pull the trigger when a gun shot went off and we both spun around.