Chapter 2: Natsu

Natsu

I had just finished the last thing I had to sign when I my phone started ringing.

"Where are you?" asked Romeo right when I answered his call.

"I'm leaving now. What is it you want to tell me so desperately?" I said.

"I'll tell you when you get here." he said before hanging up.

On the way there I tried to think of what he wanted to tell me, but I couldn't figure anything out. It must be something that I wouldn't expect.

Right when I got inside the building I called him.

"Hey, I'm here. Where are you? I don't see you. You're not here and some stranger is waving at me. She's smiling at me. Can't be... Romeo!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry, Natsu. You know your mom. How could I turn down her request?" Romeo answered apologetically.

"Where are you now?" I asked.

"Not that far away. I happen to be on a date with my beautiful wife at the moment." Romeo said probably staring lovely at my sister Wendy.

"Have a good time." said Wendy over the phone before she hung up.

.

Why am I putting myself into this situation again? Even though this has been happening countless times I still don't learn, but at least I know how to get out of it.

We sat here for a minute and none of us had said anything, but then there was a message from Jellal to make sure that I was at the meeting that we have tomorrow morning. Then she cleared her throat signifying that she wanted attention.

"I'm sorry. Where was I?"

"You haven't said anything yet."

"Then... Let's start now. Ask me whatever you want. Take your time."

"Sure." luckily at that exact moment the waiter came over.

"What can I get you sir?" the waiter asked.

"I would like everything on the menu. Plus a bottle of wine of your choice of course." I answered and I noticed that my date made a shocked face.

"Yes sir I'll be back shortly with your food." the waiter said.

In the mean time she took full advantage of asking me whatever question she could come up with. I didn't care for what she had to say since I knew that she was after my money and she wanted to get married. I could tell just by the way that she acted and by what she ordered.

This date isn't going anywhere she isn't the least bit interesting. She has no passion for her future. Her career isn't going anywhere. I guess she's waiting to be swept off her feet by some billionaire for she won't have to work anymore, but that isn't going to be me.

I want a woman that cares about her career and what she's doing with her life. She has to be someone that doesn't follow every little thing that I say. She has to be independent in a way that she doesn't need to ask me for money. Someone who can take care of herself, but wants to be with me because she loves me.

"Where do you live?" she asked me innocently or trying to.

"Magnolia. You wanted to see if I lived in a luxurious area, right?"

"Excuse me? No, I meant.." she said shocked.

"More specifically... I live in a condo... It's not huge but it's nice to live alone and not be bothered by others. There are a few celebrities that live around there too, but I don't care about that. Next question." I declared.