Chapter 6: Busy

Lucy

It's been a month and the restaurant is still quite busy. In all my life I never expected this outcome. When I was little and I dreamed of becoming a chef and owning my own restaurant I never imagined that it'll ever be this successful. Now that I'm 30 years old it still surprises me how many people love my food.

The more people that come to the restaurant the more the word spreads about it. With the amount of people that come to the restaurant the more they have to wait. At the moment the wait time is forty minutes.

At least the second floor is almost ready to be opened for dining. When I was looking for a building I made sure that it was two stories. So for the past month I've been getting it ready which will be done by the end of the week.

Which means that I need to hire more waiters and a manager. I should probably start looking right away.

Around noon I left my office with a sign saying 'Help wanted positions: waiters and manager' so I went to the entrance and put up the sign on the window.

I returned to my office and continued with my paperwork. Once I got that done I looked over the sales numbers from the passed month on my computer. Sales have been steady and there hasn't been any sign of decline.

I continued working until my phone rang. I checked the caller Id before answering.

"Hello."

"Hi Lu-chan. It's time for lunch." she answered.

"Oh, right. Thanks Levy for reminding me." I said while grabbing my purse before leaving my office.

Every time that I'm really busy I forget to take a break and eat. So my friends always remind me to eat especially when I'm supposed to have lunch with them, which just happens to be today.

"Your welcome. Are you on your way now?" Levy asked.

"I'm just leaving now." I said as I exited the restaurant.

"Good. See you at Mira's"

"Ok bye." I said before hanging up and getting into my car.

As I entered Mira's cafe I sighed in relief that I was taking a break with my friends. They're always made sure that I made time to eat with them once a week, which I'm grateful for.

I took a seat at out regular table that the rest of the girls were already at. Right when I sat down Mira came with all of our food. I always get the same thing, but when I'm in the mood for something else I go up to the counter to order. Which is rare, it only happens once every other month.

"So Juvia how is pregnancy coming along?" I asked.

"Great, but at the same time tiring. I feel great and terrible at the same time. As the days pass by I keep getting even more tired as I get closer to labor. I also keep getting a whole bunch of cravings and these are regular cravings." stated Juvia.

"Then what are they?" I asked.

"They are weird as cravings that I didn't know actually tasted good, but I just know that once I have the baby a lot of the foods that I thought was good are actually disgusting." continued Juvia.

"Yes Juvia is right. When I was pregnant with my first child I had weird ass cravings that I don't really like now. So when either of you get pregnant be prepared to have cravings for random things at random times of the day." mentioned Mira.

Good thing that I don't really plan to get married, so I don have to remember all that. Since I know that the kind of guy that I want is someone that I'm pretty sure doesn't even exist.