Chapter 3: Mother

Lucy

I heard the front door opening and shutting. In walked in my mom into the living room.

'Oh great here we go again. I really need to get that lock changed.' I thought.

"Oh, great you're here. Lucy, I've got great news." she said before taking a seat on the couch.

"What now, Mom?" I asked not really interested.

"I've found some great men for you to pick one to get married to. Don't worry they are successful and they are around your age. So you don't have to worry about that."

"Mom, when will you stop this. You know that I don't want to get married at the moment."

"Why? Getting married should be your top priority at the moment. Your already 30 years old. You need a husband asap so you can start having kids. Also for you can quit your job and focus solely on your husband and kids."

"Mom! I've told you countless times that I don't want to get married and my top priority is my restaurants. And I don't want to become a stay at home mom like you want me to. If I ever get married I"ll never become the kind of wife that you want me to. I'll do everything my own way." I said trying to convince her to stop, but I know that she won't stop until she gets her way. And since she hasn't gotten her way for these passed 30 years I don't know if she'll ever stop.

~1 month before the break up~

Ring "Hello, what's going on?"

"Lucy. I went to your office earlier and noticed that you're not here yet. I left you a piece of carrot cake on your table."

"Haven't I already told you? I don't like carrot cake. I'm in the middle of something. I have to go."

"No, Lucy. I made a reservation at a French restaurant tonight. Let's have dinner together."

"It's Juvia's birthday today. I promised to eat with her."

"Juvia can spend her birthday with her husband. Why are you going with them? Right. Which restaurant will you be going to?"

"I'm having dinner with my friend. Do you need to ask for all the details?"

"Lucy, the truth is, today is our anniversary. I want to spend a romantic time with you. I want--"

"I'm really busy. I have to go."

"Don't. When are you coming back to the restaurant.?" At that moment Lucy just hangs up on him. At the moment she doesn't have time for him. She's just really tired of having a really clingy boyfriend that tries to get in her way. All he ever wants is to spend time with her and interrupt her time with her friends.

That's why months ago she'd learned to never tell him where she's hanging out with her friends. Every time she would make plans with her friends he would always ruin it by showing up and wanting to take her away. So after that she never told him anything that had to do with her plans.

.

.

"Happy Birthday, Juvia. The traffic was bad. I'm sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry I just got here too. Why didn't you bring your boyfriend?" Juvia said.

"It's your birthday. Why should I bring him? If you miss him so much, I'll arrange for you to meet him alone."

"No way. Damn you. I'm worried about holding you two up from spending sweet, quality time together." she stated.

"Save it. I miss being single even more now." I declared.