Chapter 10: Volunteer pt.2

Lucy

It can't be him. Why is he here?

This is the third time that we've been at the same place and at the same time. Is the universe trying to tell me something? Because I don't know if I want to listen.

Natsu Dragneel. The man that I saw at the grand opening of my restaurant and the same man that my family company is doing business with.

I never imagined to encounter him outside of the company. I thought that I was only going to be seeing him once a month, but now he's standing right in front of me.

I don't know what to do or say, since I never expected to run into him here of all places.

"Hi Lucy." he greeted me with a smile.

I don't know why but that smile did wonders to me.

"Hi Natsu." I greeted back since I didn't want to be rude.

Seeing him here is going to do things to me even though I don't want it to happen. Although, Natsu seems like a great guy in my mind I'm still afraid that if I do get to know him better that he'll turn out to be somewhat a bad guy or something else entirely. Which is something that I don't want to find out.

Sometimes it's better to not get to know someone that might bring you disappointment in the near future. I know that I may be judging people that way, yet I don't want to get hurt by someone that I have the possibility of liking which could lead to something more that I don't want.

"You two know each other." asked the caretaker.

"Yes. Our companies work together." answered Natsu.

"That's great. I don't have to do the awkward introductions. I just wanted to inform you that he's a new donor and volunteer since you'll probably be seeing him around here more often." the caretaker stated.

Damn it! Now it's going to be harder not to like him. What am I going to do? How am I going to be able to avoid him?

A few minutes later we went our separate ways. I played with the girls while Natsu played with the boys for about half an hour before they got tired and wanted to play together instead.

We all gathered together and started throwing out ideas of what we wanted to play. A minute later we all decided on Sleeping beauty.

The kids were all having fun pretending being someone else for the time being. Every once in a while I would zone out and start thinking about what the girls said when we were alone.

~Flashback 20 minutes ago~

"Oh my gosh Natsu is so hot." one of the older girls asked the group of teenagers that are standing a little bit away from the younger ones.

"Yes he's smokin' hot. Did you see the way that he looked at Lucy?" asked another.

"What? How was he looking at Lucy?" girl number 3 asked confused.

"Natsu looked at Lucy like he's in love with her." answered girl number 2.

"Yeah he does." girl number 4 said.

"How do you know that he likes her?" girl number 3 asked again.

"Because he keeps on taking glances at her every minute or two. It's like he can't take his eyes off her for long and that she the only person in this world." Girl number 2 stated.

"Yes, it's like he wants to approach her, but can't due to not knowing each other  and not wanting to scare her off." Girl number 1 said.

"How do you think Lucy feels about Natsu?" asked girl number 4.