Chapter 4: Determination

Natsu

I've gotta find her that amazing girl that I saw at that cafe. I can't get her voice out of my head. The way that she spoke got to me.

I know that I've only just saw her once at that cafe, but deep down I have this feeling that she's the one for me. I don't know why, but the way that she spoke about her mother and about her career I just knew that she isn't some girl that would automatically quit her job just because she's getting married.

She cares more about achieving her dreams than listening to her mother on what she's supposed to do with her life. 

The only thing that I got from their conversation was her name and that she's about to open her 3rd restaurant. So time to find out more about who she is.

"Sir you've got a meeting at Fernandez Corp. in about 40 minutes. You don't want to be late." said my secretary with the door to my office slightly opened.

"Oh thanks for reminding me." I said before getting up and getting everything that I need for the meeting. This is the perfect time actually. Even though Fernandez Corps. focus on something different I know that Jellal has a background in finding people with so little information.

I know that this could be somewhat weird considering it's only been once that I saw her, but I just want to know who is she. Since I don't want to do something creepy like stake out the cafe for when she comes back. I also know that she's going to be very busy for a few weeks so I'm not going to try anything until then.

On my way to the elevator I was stopped by my secretary once again.

"Mr. Dragneel don't forget that you have dinner with your mother tonight. She just called to remind you." she informed me.

"Thanks is that all." I answered.

"Yes." she said before walking away.

Oh great! Why did the dinner with my mom had to be tonight. I just want to spend all my spare time searching for Lucy.

I wonder when I'll be able to to find out more about her.

.

.

.

Finally the meeting is over I've been dying for everyone else to leave the room for I could talk to Jellal alone. But the thing is that they're not leaving fast enough for my liking.

"Jellal can we talk in your office?" I asked him.

"Yes. What is it about?" he asked unsure.

"Don't worry it's something that I'll tell you in a bit." I answered.

He nodded and led the way to his office.

Once we were safely in his office with no one around able to hear us I told him.

"I think I finally found the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with." I said.

The only people that I trust with details about my personal life is my friends. It never occurred to me that I would actually be telling one of my friends that I think that I found the one.

"What? Who?" He asked astonished to hear this.

Normally I only date women and at some point we end up breaking up. It never goes further then a few dates before they are done with me or I realize that all they want is my money. But this time it's different.

"I only know her name. Lucy." I said. "I saw her at a cafe that we went to. She was sitting close to our table. So I accidentally overheard her conversation with her friends. That's how I know her name."