Chapter 5: Opening

Lucy

I needed a drink. A strong one because it was the only way I think I could get through the day. But that is a terrible idea. I need to be sober for the grand opening of the restaurant.

An elbow nudged into my side, bringing me out of my thoughts and back to the restaurant.

"Lucy, where do you want these?' asked Erza helping me organize everything for today.

"Right next to the door where everyone can see it."

Sighing, I trudged into the kitchen to make sure that everything was ready before the doors open in an hour.

No matter how many times I go through this it never gets easier. Every time I'm even more nervous. I know that everyone loves my food, but I just can't help it. I just want to make people happy with my food.

It's something I've always aspired to be for as long as I could remember. It never occurred to me that I'd actually be living my dream with all the people I love by my side.

"Is everything ready?" I asked everyone.

"Yes chef." everyone answered.

"Have you double checked if anything is missing?"

"Yes. I personally checked all the ingredients, utensils, plates and anything else that we may need during the day. And just to make sure two other people checked and everything is in order. So don't worry we've got it handled boss." answered the Sous chef.

I know that I can trust him since he's always been reliable. He's been working for me for the passed 5 years. I just knew that it was time for him to be promoted and start at the new restaurant. Which is great an all because he'll be closer to his house.

When I was deciding who would work at the new location I knew that I needed to check their experience in the kitchen and where they lived. I obviously hired new personal in the kitchen, but two of them are from the other locations.

"Alright I'll leave it up to you. I'll just go check the front ." I said before turning around and going back into the dining area.

I started checking all the tables to make sure that everything was done correctly. Once that was done I checked up on Erza and the girls.

I can't believe that they volunteered to help out with the final touches of the restaurant. My friends have been taking turns for the passed 2 weeks in helping out. But today all of them came together to assist in anything that I may need.

"Hey Lucy how is everything going so far?" asked Mira.

"Great. The kitchen staff seem to be ready. What about out here?" I asked them since they've been mostly working out here.

"Everything is done. We doubled no tripled checked your check list so we're a hundred percent sure that the dining room is ready to be opened." responded Erza.

"Don't worry I made sure that everything was set up based on your instructions." continued Levy.

"Thanks everyone for all your help. I don't know what I would've done without your help." I stated.

"Probably failed." Juvia muttered, which caused all of us to look at her "I'm kidding. Of course you wouldn't fail. You would've just been even more tired without our assistance. Even though I didn't do much." she pouted.

"Juvia is right, without our assistance you would've taken longer to finish, but still finished at the nick of time. We all know that what ever you put your mind up to you will accomplish it no matter what. Nothing can get in the way of Lucy Heartfilia." declared Yukino.