CHAPTER 20

The news got to the village some hours after the incident, with the only survivor and other people from the near by village that narrated the story and other cars filled with 6 damaged corpses.

They headed directly to the primary health care and some delegates went to inform the village head about the shocking loss his village encountered.

Of the 6 dead bodies, 3 were from his village which include Abu's father and the other three and the injured person were from the two distant hamlets because they were Fulanis that went and sold some of their livestock but encountered such fatal accident.

Abu's father was with his dear friend Mal Bala when he received an invitation from the palace which he immediately responded to, only to found out the reason attached to it and became so frail and debile.

It was early in the morning, because the accident happened at night and the rain was so heavy till around sunrise. The injured person lost alot of blood and became unconscious some moments after their arrival.

***     ***     ***

On the other hand, after knowing about the death of her husband, which added to the agony she was already in as the result of the death of her son.

She was rushed to the hospital after she fainted, the whole house became noisy as some people began crying out loud to sympathize with her and also her dear son Abu cried due to the state of his mother.

He had no idea what made her faint, he had no idea what happened to his father or brother, he knew that his brother was sick and thought he was in the hospital and that his father travelled but he wasn't told about it.

Abu's grand parent were also very sad and sympathetic like never before, it was just their grand child earlier but in less than 24 hours, their only 'Hope' joined the departed souls and sadly without knowing about the lost of his son.

Some women were condoling Abu's grand mother while others went to the PHC to care for Abu's mother. His grand father on the other hand went out after passing the information to prepare the body for the burial according to Islamic rights.

He went to the palace and unlike the culture of the village, he gave the permission for the body to be prepared in the hospital without taking it home. He did that only because of the current state of his house.

***     ***     ***

Abu's mother received first aid treatment and her vitals were stable yet unconscious, things were much on her, the death of both husband and son in a time difference of less than 24 hours. So its understandable for such and deserves nothing other than extensive care.

Her condition was worrisome, no one could tell whether she'd resist it or not, being a mother at that age was never her plan, yet she had kids she loves so much. Been a wife to the then cruel husband was something she always hated, and yet lost the husband soon after he changed to the best version of himself. She lost her third pregnancy some weeks ago which also pained her but was quite happy as her husband was normal again but now he's no more.

She lost her parent when she was a teenager, she had no home other than her husband's, she has only one direct family now which is Abu and his condition alone is something worthy of serious attention.

But what about Abu? Neither has a father nor a brother, in his unhealthy condition and his mother's situation. What is he going to do and which situation is he going to live in? Is she really going to survive this or he is about to be an orphan?

Hope you are enjoying the story so far.