CHAPTER 11

It's somewhat common among our people that, male always shows their total superiority over their companions. Most at times they tend not to accept what ever sort of advice come from them and rendered them totally useless or to some extent. 

It's worthy of given some consideration when mothers give some suggestions mostly because of their motherly love and time they do spend with their kids. They in many cases tend to know their kids morethan the fathers and might as well be more cautious when it comes to decision related to their children.

They may sometime err, which is normally attributed to the intense love beyond the norm that's between them. They allow their feelings to surpassed their thinking ability and that mostly lead to mistakes due to fast decisions that only yield some short benefits.

No matter how the case may be, decisions about children shouldn't be centralised to their Dads or Mums alone, it's best achieved when both parties agreed on same thing. But in many households, it's other wise and children always become the ones to pay the price.

AT THE VILLAGE

As they reached the village, Abu was somehow unconscious due to the blood loss and extreme pain he went through. They rushed him to the primary health care without hesitation.

But as in the case of many PHCs in our nation, the nurses weren't around, one was sick and left for home, while the other went to the nearby village to withdraw money. So the PHC was left almost empty, since all the remaining staff couldn't help in Abu's situation.

The situation worsen by the second and without any immediate help, Abu's father suggested that he should be taken to the local orthopaedics for his wound to be taken care off. No one argued with his suggestion as there's none to render any help at the moment.

So he was rushed. No one was happy with it and yet none could have something better to do. With his POP, which shouldn't be tempered with, he was carried to the local orthopaedics for treatment.

Upon all the protection, which on normal ground blood shouldn't be seen or any serious injury couldn't be done to the site, he was so badly injured due to the fall on his leg and the POP 'must be removed' they were told.

The following image is disturbing. Be cautious!

They accepted it and all sorts of local weapons were brought out, Abu's mother couldn't stand the pain and fainted immediately. She was attended to by some locals and rushed to an open place for more ventilation.

Abu on the other hand cried out really bad, with his bulged red eyes and pale looking face, he almost lost consciousness when the local operation started. No anesthesia, no any form of pain killers, just pain all over again.

Abu's father was calmed then, after seeing what's happening with his son, he just turned around even thou he was among the people holding his down. He knew deep inside of him that the pain is unbearable but due to the absence of no better option, he had to let it that way.

*****     *****     *****

Abu's grandfather was no where close to showing any sign of sympathy, he left the place few minutes after the commencement of the procedure, he went back and start shouting to his old wife about Abu's younger brother that was crying really bad.

She just looked at him and ignored, she knew about his attitudes and as they are not new to her, she almost always ignore him when he's making his silly talks. That's one thing he don't like about her, he so much detest such attitude as that's the only thing he always sends her home for.

Even though there's no any divorce between them, none could count the number of times he sent her home all because of his irrational thoughts and stupid judgements. Many atimes did people called upon him to stop such attitudes but he gave no heed but did as he seemed fit.

One of the reason why Abu's father was a heartless man is because of his father's attitude that dominated him over his mother's. He sometimes think before acting but in majority of the moments, he just act and regret not because of his solemn believe that "to every action, there must be an element of justification attached".

*****     *****     *****

As Abu was so engrossed battling with the pain that was so intense, his mother was saved and she got back to her senses. When she saw her son under such pressure, held by four giant men including his father, she felt sad and at that point felt so annoyed with Abu's father.

"It wouldn't have reached this stage" she uttered to her friend while staring at Abu. She then continued.. " had it been he left us in the city where 'Abba' (which is the name she called his as he was named after her father) was so stable and getting better. Look at what happened now, they are about to injure him more". She said as she burst into serious tears which lead to her been taken away from the place.

After some moments of pain and agony, the procedure looked successful physically. The blood flow seized, the injury site was stable and the pain got reduced. He was carried to his home where they met his mother crying in a hoarse manner. She stood up gently upon their entrance to meet her son. that's when Abu's grand mother entered the house with abu's younger brother.

Happy with the book so far? Vote and make your suggestions in the comment box. Thank you