CHAPTER 13.

What could be the reason for this new attitude? She asked her self when she was deeply in tears and mayhem. 

"I know that no matter how hard it is to understand, someday you will and I'm happy that you do" she said to her husband while still in tears and her eyes turned red and her body still shivers.

He couldn't utter any more word while still standing and staring at his sleeping injured son. He went to her and collected Abu's brother from her. She just let him did all he wanted because she was full of surprise of the reason behind the sudden change. He said to her "if you don't mind, please go and have some rest. I know that you are exhausted and you need to rest before he wake up".

She smiled while wiping her tears with the upper edge of her wrapper and said "Thank you so much, may Allah be with us all. I will have some rest but wake me up immediately he's awake please" (referring to Abu's brother as she made the statement while looking at them).

He utter no word but gave her a sign. He sat down near Abu while holding his youngest son and in few minutes he got buried in the world of thoughts.

Abu's mother on the other hand went to her room and silently lay on the bed, she had no idea of what she should really do about this. She was excited but couldn't control her tears, she knew she's happy but yet don't know the reason behind the sudden change of her husband's attitude. She just thank the Almighty for this new version and also prayed for Abu's health. She later fell to a deep sleep with a happy face.

******

Abu's grandfather went back home hot-tempered and said to his wife; "what was it you discussed with that witch? I hate her and I want you to immediately call on your son and put some sense in him. She bewitched him to the extent that my own son looked into my eyes and told me to stay away from his marriage. Like, can you even imagine this? I wonder wh...." he kept quite as he had no other word to utter.

His wife looked at him and smiled, she said; " Are you afraid that your own son will now defy you? Or maybe he finally got the chance to know the truth and be away from your defiled path? I think it's high time you understand what family love really means. He obeyed you in doing so many wrong things and now you are filled with fear and terror because he disobeyed you once? I won't talk to him, moreover you are more closer to him than me"

He looked at her but utter no word, he turned around and went out. But the real problem is just about to start, many people in the village look at him and just walk away, nobody respects him and he finds it difficult to branch at any point. After the incident that happened a day ago in the palace, many people realised how he is treating his in law like a prisoner and for that, he was left with only one friend named 'Mallam Sani' who was always there to make plans on how to get away with the inheritance, he went straight to his house but was told he went to the nearby market which left him with no option than to go back home.

******

Mama Asabe got to the village that evening and sorrowfully met a corpse rather than her mother. She is an elderly woman but the only living child in her family. She lost her father when she was two, which made her to be the last born. Her brothers fall in line, dying one after the other and lastly her only sister falls during delivery. Now her mother's gone and she neither  has a husband nor a child of her own which made her to cry out loudly and out of control.

No one could stop her as they all know the pain she's going through, she is a successful woman when it comes to a good living condition, money, positions in government and other nonprofit organizations but now have no blood to share things with. Her mother was her friend and gurdian and now she lost the only person that could give her a shoulder to lay on.

Things weren't easy with her, patience was her option but it's inevitable. She lost everyone and the pain was extreme.

CHAPTER 14 IN A BIT