CHAPTER NINE: Turn of events

As mama Asabe entered the room with a basket full of fruits and other things necessary, she looked at them and smiled. She had no idea why she's so attached to them despite the fact that they aren't related in any way, but still their bond keeps becoming more stronger.

Abu's mother stood up and said: " you are welcome Mama, Abu is feeling much better now, words enough to cannot express our appreciation for all you've done to help us. We owe you a lot and hope to have a better way to repay your good will".

Mama Asabe smiled and said to her: " you don't need to feel indebted to me, all I did was to help and I'm sure I'll get a better reward in the life to come. I wish you quick recovery all. May you regain your strength and h....."

She was cut off by the nurse that entered to gave Abu's mother her bill. She was only discharged because they confirmed that her son was there but that's not the protocol. So she must settle all the bills before leaving the hospital.

Mama Asabe told the nurse to add the bill to that of Abu and promised to pay them the money when next she come. Even though Abu's mother never wanted it to be that way, she insisted on letting Abu's father pay the bills but Mama Asabe denied her that. So she gave up because she can't argue with her.

** ** **

In the village, Abu's father arrived and directly went to check on his father, in order to get more details about what happened. He met his father in his house and they  had the mischievous discussion.

Abu's father said: "I heard that the district head was furious over what happened, I just hope that we'll have a way to persuade him not to force us do something against our will".

Abu's Grand father smirked and said: " you know the district head far too well, he was against us when we did that to them in the first place, and I'm sure he won't let us get away with it. We just have to find a way to win the argument in order to save ourselves the stress and shame we are about to face in this village".

Abu's father kept quiet for a while and said: " I know we can't win him easily but let me go to the palace and see what I can do, maybe we can also try to blackmail him when he push the matter beyond our strength to hold".

He left his father and went to the palace to meet the district head. But he was told to come back in the morning because the district head left the palace already. So he went home and  had some rest.

For the first time in history he had some real thoughts about his wife, after seeing the food she made before she was taken to the hospital and how clean his house was, he compared it to his own father's house but couldn't be more positive about anybody at the moment other than her.

He slept like that, full of thoughts and loneliness, despite knowing wholly how he always shows his superiority over her choice of things, he knew that none could be more spotless than her. He knew how filthy some women are and their cruelty ruined her, but still some part of him couldn't loathe her less.

He woke up in the morning very late, as he was used to her waking him up for prayers,  what he described as 'early  morning disturbance'. He missed prayers that day and knew what awaits him at the Palace

Unbeknownst to him that his wife's discharged and in a better situation. After prayers, he went to his father's house to get something to eat. His father felt the ruth for him and that situation changes his mind completely.