CHAPTER 14:

Not long after the incident in the village, Abu's father became so cool and was doing nothing other than protecting and favouring his own family. Despite the fact that she (Abu's mother) suffered a lot in the past, the recent events made her forget all and focus on building a better future for her kids hoping that her husband's change is eternal.

As she lies on her bed, exhausted and in need of spa, she also got buried in her world, cross-thinking about her parents and kids all at once, hot tears keeps rolling down her cheeks and in no time, the pillow got wet. She had to change position and with no signal she slept up.

Mama Asabe with a sorrowful voice said to her people, "I'll be leaving soon enough because I'm not having any peace here, I know it's not right but please do permit me"

An old woman by her side said to her "You can leave when you wish but it's better to stay at least for 3 days, people are still coming for condolence and they need to see you"

She agreed while wiping her tears and before uttering another word, all her kids entered the house crying out loud.

She notified her driver of the situation and asked him to take care of them but due to the pressure they mounted on him, he couldn't do anything than to get them to her.

Younger ones rushed directly to her while the eldest was just standing next to her and shed tears non-stop.

***

Abu woke up due to the pain and couldn't help but to cry out loudly, his mother who was sleeping in her room ran out and to her surprise, her husband was there calming him down. Not knowing exactly what to do, she just stood on the corridor holding the metallic pillar.

He smiled at her and gave her a sign to go and rest because at the moment, Abu was calm and about to sleep again. She walked down to him gently and collect Abu's brother who was sleeping also.

She went back to her room and without any delay, she went down and did her prostration (Sajadatush shukur) to thank the Almighty for guiding her husband to the righteous path. She went back to bed, lay down and went back to her thinking world.

***

Ibrahim and his parents, who after many programs and meetings decided to branch in Qatar for a dinner they were invited to, decided to go back home immediately after that so that they'll have some rest.

It's an anniversary dinner of Mr and Mrs Kabir. Kabir is a very good friend to Ibrahim's father and being him an engineer, he hardly stay in Nigeria but travel around the world doing many check ups and executing projects.

At the moment, he was there to make some adjustments and Quality assurance of some stadia as the project manager.

They were received in a more passionate manner, even though not formally due to the existing relationship, but it was full of respect and pure love between the family.

Mr and Mrs Kabir have a single child, a lady named Faridah who is in her early 20s and just finished her Medical degree.

***
Mama Asabe turned out to be the one yo console the kids, she pretend to be as strong as ever due to their condition and in no time, the place went dead and all eyes were on them and she had to take them into her late mother's room to help them sleep.

Everyone was shocked about how close she is with the kids knowing that they aren't hers made them to be in mayhem, some were happy about how compassionate she is while others were angry because they weren't their kids.

The situation wasn't easy to bare, having lost a mother plus the problem of these kids made her emotionally unstable and one could tell by a single glance.

Sorry for the late update and all. I hope not to repeat such for the remaining chapters. Your comments are highly valuable.