The Parasite and the Host

During the class period, Mikasa stayed focused on the teacher, taking down every single detail from the chalkboard to her notes. She tried ignore Eren, yet she was feeling nervous each time she heard him break a mechanical pencil in half with his thumb. She could clearly tell that he was consumed with anger and something else. Mikasa glanced every once a while to check if his blood was still boiling. His gaze never left the teacher. The only body part he was moving was one arm and his fingers. He exhaled through his gritted teeth. Mikasa thought maybe Eren was just using his mind to remember the lesson that the teacher was introducing to the classroom. As mentioned before, Eren is a pretty intelligent boy. Mikasa scored an average on her entrance exams. She felt that competing other students to get a higher rank would prove nothing except intelligence. Even so, that wasn't what she was looking for. All she wants is a peaceful life with good scores that serve as a passing grade.

Snap.

Mikasa stops for a short second to see that Eren had broken his last pencil in half. She noticed that thick veins appeared on his hand. She was relieved that he had snapped his last spare. It was starting to annoy her. Mikasa went back to concentration until the teacher had an announcement to make. 

"So, now that we're done with this lesson, I think we should review them, shall we?" The teacher smiles.

"You'll be assigned doing a project that summarizes all the lessons we've covered."

"Aw what?"

"Geez, I hate this crap."

"Again? Ughh..."

Mikasa hears the moaning complaints from the students surrounding her, as if they had to run one hundred laps around the Shiganshina Academy.

"I know right? It's super fun! I look forward to these presentations!" The teacher laughs, causing the students to moan like the living dead. 

"As usual, your partners will be the ones sitting next to you. No one will feel left out now that we have a new student here!~" The teacher shouted with happiness, stroking his small beard.

Everyone then turned around, seeing that Mikasa had been paired up with Eren. They stare at the two with stone faces. Mikasa knew what message they were sending to her and honestly, she felt bad for herself as well. Yet Mikasa stayed calm, wearing her usual look, avoiding everyone's stare with her closed eyes while Eren cared less about their attention and focused his eyes straight forward with a broken mechanical pencil in his fist. There was only a moment of silence until the teacher had disrupted them.

"Alright class, I know you're all jealous of Eren. Looks like he's the lucky guy who will explain the previous lessons to the new transfer student since she just started today. Isn't that right, Eren? Hoho." The teacher chuckled.

Eren didn't answer him. His cold expression wasn't wearing off and that negative aura surrounding him was growing by the minute. It was as if he could go on a rampage if someone touched him.

"Eh, anyway... In a few minutes, you'll be having lunchtime so just relax or you can discuss your plan of action or something." The teacher sat down on his chair while the students began chattering to one another.

As for Mikasa, she felt a little nervous, attempting to actually talk to Eren. She slowly turns to him and leaned a little forward. 

"Um, hey." Mikasa greeted.

Still, Eren did not respond.

"I'm sorry that you have to teach me those other lessons that you learned previously. But you know, I'm a pretty fast learner so we won't have to waste so much time." Mikasa tried to smile but the boy refused to look at her.