The Fear Flashed in her Eyes

After three hours of getting into the project, They were nearly finished, gathering the notes together and summarizing the lessons one by one, individually. Nighttime was coming and they were so close to stop now. There they were, sitting on the floor with scattered papers unorganized now that they put them altogether. There were a couple of times where Eren attempted to touch Mikasa's hand yet she kept a personal distance from him while working on the project. There were times where he sparked up numerous conversations about Mikasa. That day, Eren had learned many things from her. The strange thing is, Eren can remember everything she had told him. He refused to forget what her favorite color is or what type of food she enjoys eating or where she would like to travel one day. He couldn't. 

"So, Eren... Since you know a few things about me, it's your turn." Mikasa pulled a smile upon her pink lips.

"M-Me?" Eren was surprised, no... Excited that she wanted to know everything about him. Boy, he's got a whole new list up his sleeve.

"What's your favorite color?" Mikasa asked.

"Green! I like green very much! It symbolizes nature and luck! Oh! And hope too!" Eren gleamed.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful. What kind of foods do you like?" She replied.

"I like all kinds of food! Even if it's plain bread!" He responded.

"That sounds nice. Maybe one day I'll make you something from my kitchen." She giggled, knowing well that she was terrible at cooking.

"I look forward to it Mikasa!" He answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I will gladly accept whatever Mikasa cooks from her kitchen! Anything!" He laughed.

"Well I guess we'll have to wait and see until that time comes." Mikasa sighed with a smile as she closed her eyes and pulled back her hanging bangs.

Eren felt a close connection to Mikasa. No one really asked about him. Having someone to ask about his hobbies and such was great. But having Mikasa to listen, now that's even better. As for her, Mikasa was relieved of seeing nothing abnormal about his interests. They were something that an average teenager would like to do. It's good to know that he didn't have some sadistic hobbies like killing people or fighting them.

"What do you plan to do in the future?" Mikasa wondered.

"One day! I vow myself to marry Annie—-...." Eren holds his tongue, picturing Annie in his mind.

His smile began to fade away.... His spark of excitement died out. His eyes weren't glowing with happiness anymore.

Silence interfered the room. To avoid the awkwardness, Mikasa decided to comment after clearing her throat.

"Oh, that's very nice, Eren. Planning to marry Annie—"

"NO! T-THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!" He shouted as he grasps onto Mikasa's wrist.

"I-I didn't mean to say that...." He suddenly faced down, as if he had done something shameful.

"Eren?" Mikasa tilted her head to see his expression. 

"Forget what I said. I'm so sorry Mikasa..." Eren releases her wrist and stood up.

"I'm gonna go and... Get something for us eat." He avoided eye contact with the girl, making his way out of the room.

———————————————————————————————————————————-