Armin

"Oh man. Isn't this her apartment building? Maybe she sent me the wrong address?" The young blonde boy stood outside the building under the dim light, scratching his head in confusion.

He took out his phone and looked at the text he sent to Mikasa.

"Hey! Come out! The stars are really pretty tonight!"- Armin

"This is kinda embarrassing." Armin realized that he sent the text 15 minutes ago. Mikasa would've come out by now or at least look out her window. Maybe he came too late and she had already gone to bed. Armin felt like he had come at a bad time. He wished he would've come a little earlier but he assumed Mikasa had already knocked out.

"Hmmm.... Maybe it's that yellow apartment over there---" Armin began hearing a rapid beat of footsteps come his way. He quickly took his suitcase and hid behind the bushes, hoping that it's Mikasa and fortunately, it is but.....

Armin's bright smile suddenly turns into a frown, seeing that his own best friend was crying. Maybe he did come at the right time. He noticed that her hair was wet and her clothes were drenched. She tried to dry her tears but they kept running down. Armin thought twice about surprising her when he told her earlier that he could not come to visit her. He wanted to give her a good scare to start off with the reunion however, his plans had changed. He watched as Mikasa sobbed while she opened the door to go inside the apartment building complex. 

"M-Mikasa?" Armin suddenly reveals himself as he walked out of the bushes behind her. She quickly turned around, wiping her nose. She stood there, wondering if she was just imagining things or was it really real.

"U-Uhm.... Surprise....." Armin awkwardly spoke as he opened his arms.

Mikasa didn't even stop. She quickly rushed to him and nearly tackled him down as she embraced his warm body.

"Armin.....!!" She bawled, clenching onto Armin's shirt as tight as she could. Seeing her in a state like this meant that she will not let go as long as he's here with her.

"Armin..!" She repeated as her cries grew louder, hugging the young boy tighter.

"What happened to you? Did you fall into a pond or something?" Armin asked, comforting her by patting her on the back while caressing her hair.

"I missed you so much!" That was all she could say to him. She couldn't tell him exactly what happened just now.

"It's... Not everyday that you fall in a pond, Mikasa." He nervously laughs.

"Thank God you're here...." She sniffed, resting her head on his shoulder.

Mikasa was sure acting strange. She wasn't this clingy before. He thought maybe she had gone through something tragic but nonetheless, that's why he's here and it's his job to take care of her.

"It's getting dark. Let's go up to your room, okay?" Armin softly spoke as Mikasa nods, grasping onto his arm, escorting him to her room as he dragged his suitcase. Her body temperature was pretty cold compared to his, which sent shivers down his spine but he couldn't blame her.

After she took a shower, Mikasa came out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and new. Her expression was positive again. Armin sat down on the floor by her coffee table and made some tea.

"A transfer student at the university taught me how to make chamomile tea. I thought I'd like to share some with you. Come, have a seat next to me, just like old times." Armin patted an open space beside him as she obliged.

As she crossed her legs, she leaned her head towards Armin's shoulder, which caused him to wrap an arm around her, rubbing her arm.

"You okay, kid?" Armin asked.

"hn." She nods, inhaling the scent of the tea.

"Here. Drink this. I hope this makes you feel better." He suggested as he slowly offered the little cup to her fingers.

"Thank you for coming here today.... Unexpectedly." Mikasa closed her eyes, noting that she was feeling exhausted.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Armin nudged to catch her attention.

"..... No.... Maybe some other time." Mikasa took a sip of the tea.

"Alright then.... Just so you know, as long as I'm here, you won't have to worry about a single thing. I'm on break this week so we can do whatever you like." 

"Thanks again." Mikasa appreciated the kindness that Armin had always given her. 

"And if you need any help with your homework, I'll be there to help you."

"Okay..... Hey, Armin. Can we sleep together? Just like old times?" Mikasa requested.

"Sure. Anything for you." Armin ruffled her hair as she smiled.

Mikasa quickly fixed her bed while Armin brushed his teeth. She settled herself on her bed, motioning Armin to come in bed with her. Armin eventually came and comfortably faced her side of the bed.

"Remember back in summer camp, you would always put your leg on me?" Armin recalled.

"I'm a terrible sleeper." Mikasa slightly giggled.

"Haha yea. I'm sure you haven't changed a bit." Armin quietly laughed.

"....... Same goes to you too...."

"Yeah.... I hope it stays this way, Mikasa. You'll always be my friend." He tiredly spoke.

"Forever and ever.... Night, Armin." She yawned as they peacefully slept facing each other, just how they were back when they were kids.