Jealousy

"I'm.... The new Annie?" Mikasa covers her lips with her three fingers.

"But don't you know what that means? It's like you can use Eren as your bodyguard or something! I think you have the ability to control him!" Connie grabs onto her shoulders.

"Connie, it's not polite to treat him like a machine." Mikasa frowned.

"... Right.... We'll have to talk about this later. Without him around, that is." Connie slightly shook his head before giving her a gesture to return back to Sasha and Eren. As soon as Mikasa sat down, Eren began taking out papers and skimmed through them while Connie sat close to Sasha due to her fear of having Eren's presence around her.

"So um, Eren... Where's your precious Annie?" Connie asks, slightly glaring at the boy.

"She moved away. I don't know where. Don't ever ask me about her again." The chocolate-haired boy stubbornly replied while Connie clicked his tongue.

This kid's got some nerve...

As for Sasha, she was too afraid to talk to Eren. Therefore, the young girl refused to speak a word in the little awkward group. It became silent only for a moment until Mikasa had interrupted.

"I think... We should invite Jean over to—-"

Connie and Sasha's eyes were open bloodshot, attempting her to stop talking by using motions.

Don't say that! Don't bring him up!

Mikasa, understanding their signals, figured that Connie and Sasha had forgotten to tell her a teeny tiny detail about Eren: He strongly despises Jean. Strongly.

"Jean?" Eren repeated. 

Mikasa turned to see that Eren's eyes were seething with anger.

"That cocky son of a bitch?" He mumbled in arrogance.

"Oy, Eren, chill alright?—" 

"Shut your face, baldy." He growled.

Mikasa was able to indicate his hands that were clenched into fists, constantly shaking.

Sasha gave Mikasa a worried look that said, "Mikasa! Please do something to stop him!"

Mikasa nodded and hovered a palm over one of Eren's fists.

"Eren, calm down. What about Jean?" She spoke in the most softest tone, as if she was speaking to a sweet senior citizen.

"Why that prick... Do you like him?" Eren glared.

"Why of course. He's my friend, Eren—"

"I thought you cared about me!" He spoke bluntly.

Connie and Sasha flinched, scooting away from the intense scene.

"I do Eren."

"Liar!" Eren stood up, storming his way into the school while the three of them watched.

"Oh boy... There he goes. He's probably going to destroy school property or throw a tantrum." Connie commented.

"H-How scary..." Sasha murmured.

Mikasa didn't hesitate to stand up and follow Eren in the school.

"Hey Mikasa, let him go. This guy has no boundaries. He's such a jerk." Connie suggested.

"I'm worried about him."

"Mikasa, you'll be in danger if you go after him! Stay here! Please!" Sasha begged.

"I can't just wait here." 

Those were her last words before she went inside the school to follow the boy.

When she entered through the doors, she could hear a group of teens chattering in the hallway about some jerk that was pushing his way through by force. Probably Eren of course.

"Jeez what the hell was his problem?" A random guy says.

"Hey, have you seen a boy that came walking through this hallway? Average height, brown hair, green eyes—"

"You mean that one kid who just passed through us? Yeah, I saw him. He went over there." Another boy answered in nervousness.

"Thank you." Mikasa gave them a quick bow before she went in search for Eren.

She was quite familiar with the hallways, now realizing that it was the way that led her to the rooftop.

"Eren..." She became worried and headed straight to the rooftop.

As soon as she bashed the door open in alert, her muscles began to relax after seeing the raging male standing in front of the wired fence, clutching onto them with his head lowered. Clearly, no one was present.

"Ah, I knew I'd find you here." Mikasa half smiled, approaching him.

"Leave me alone, you traitor." He spoke.

"Why? I'm your friend, right?" She responded.

"Shouldn't you go to that fucking bastard instead of me? Get lost or else I'll break your arm." He growled, refusing to turn and look at her.

".... I'm not going anywhere, Eren. I know you're upset and that's why I'm here." She responded.

"Don't come near me." He trembled.

"Eren, I'm very sorry. I wasn't aware of your relationship with Jean—-"

"Shut up! That's not why I'm angry!" Eren shouted.

"Then, why are you angry? Please tell me." She says in a calm tone, even though her heartbeat was racing.

"Why does Mikasa like Jean? Why is he so special to her!? Am I not special?!?" His voice grew louder each time he asked a question.

"Everyone is special in their own way, Eren. Even you." Mikasa's words pierced him like a bullet to the chest.

"So, tell me. Why are you upset?" She asks once more.

"Because... Because Annie left me for someone else!!!" He yelled out.

"I hate it! I hate it! I HATE IT!!! I don't want to get left behind!!" 

Mikasa walked up to Eren, resting her hand on his arm.

"Eren..."

"Don't touch me!" He jerked away, covering his face to hide his tears.

"Eren, I told you before and I'm going to say it again so listen to me closely." She announced.

"I will never abandon you. I will always stay by your side." She spoke as she began making her way towards him.

"What is it that you want, Eren?" She wondered.

"I... I want Mikasa to love me more than anyone else in this world! I want Mikasa to think that I am the only person who is special to her! I want all of her!" He confessed.

Mikasa was a little shocked at his response. And a little afraid. One lie after another. What a difficult lifestyle.

"You don't have to worry about that, Eren. I do love you." She wore a comforting smile.

Eren's eyes finally softened. His arms stretched out to claim her body, pulling her close to his chest, suffocating her as much as he can. Mikasa dared not to complain about his deadly embrace. Instead, she endured it. He grabbed a handful of her silk hair in one and the other wrapped around her waist.

"Never look at anyone in the eye. Never cheat, never lie, never love—

-Anyone but me."

Her heartbeat wasn't normal. She could feel a warm drop of sweat running down her face. 

How long can she keep this up?