"My lady please..."

Well well, back for more angst now are we?

Here is a very long chapter that took me all day to write and depleted all my mental energy so enjoy 8 pages worth of teens dealing with grief.

Also TW for graphic image? Violence? idk

.

.

.

The setting sun cast its light as it filtered through the window and settled gracefully on her face, and from hindsight, she looked at peace. How ironic.

Suddenly, her eyes started to move rapidly under her eyelids before they quickly opened and she shot straight up gasping, panting with her hand clenched around her shirt, right where her franticly beating heart was.

She did not know where she was, certainly not in her room. The room was so luxurious and fancy and she started turning her head around trying to identify where she was.

This is Chloé's room, she realized, how did I get here?

The room seemed empty at first, but then when she glanced at the balcony, she found Chat Noir and Chloé outside, their backs were to her and they leaned against the railing.

Chat Noir's demeanor- how his shoulders slumped and his head facing down with his cat ears flopping- made him look defeated and hurt.

Then Chloé quickly pulled him into a hug, and from where she was sitting, Marinette noticed a tiny glimmer on her friend's cheek from how the sun hit her face.

What the hell is going?

As Chloé opened her eyes slowly, her gaze landed on a wide awake Marinette. Immediately she let go of Chat Noir and ran to her friend and pulled her into a tight embrace, as though she would fade if she didn't hold her tight.

"Thank God."Chloé's voice was shaky as tears streamed down her face," Thank goodness you're safe."

Marinette was perplexed but she nonetheless returned the hug, not as tight because her muscles were sore, because for some reason she had been this urge to get hugged and feel someone's presence this close.

Why do I feel like this? Why does my body hurt?

Chat Noir made his way to Marinette languidly, his expression unreadable like he was suppressing something.

Chloé slowly let go of her as he gently sat beside her and slowly touched her cheek with the palm of his hand. She immediately leaned into his touch and looked him in the eye. They were both searching for something deep in each other's eyes.

Marinette's tired swollen bluebell eyes.

And Chat Noir's empty darkened emerald green eyes.

He forced his lips to curve into a smile, even if everything inside him was braking with every passing second, and asked with a raspy voice:" how are you feeling princess."

She hated that smile because it meant he was hiding something.

"My body hurts... My throat is killing me.... Chat, what happened?"

"you mean you don't remember anything?" he asked, his hand started to shake.

Marinette shook her head.

Chloé and Chat's faces fell instantly as a grim expression settled on them, and he immediately froze.

The tension that rose was suffocating.

A few hours ago

After holding her for a few seconds, her sobs died down and he felt her body go limp, but he didn't let her go.