Chapter 17

So sorry for the late update! I had trouble accessing this story through Wattpad for some reason :( Anyway, please drop some votes! They really make my day :)

I haven't been to Victoria's Secret in a while, and I'm struck by all of the beautiful lingerie that they have here. I keep picking up everything I lay eyes on. There's a gorgeous black, lacy bustier top that I know I have to have. And then I catch sight of this stunning unlined, white demi bra. It's dressed in sheer tulle and pretty lace embroidery. I also grab a sexy babydoll top. It's completely unlined and features a deep plunge at the neckline. That one probably my favorite out of all of them.

I try on three times as many bras as I buy because why not? We're here, and the bras make me look hot. Emma finds some bras with a larger cup size. She says her boobs are inflating now that she's pregnant, and she needs to buy a couple sets of underwear too. We end up spending way more time than necessary in that store, but it's worth it bc we come out knowing we'll look hot.

The thing I love about wearing lingerie is the way it makes me feel: carefree, open, sexy. I like who I am when I'm wearing my lacy bras and panties. It has nothing to do with wearing them for Axel—I'm wearing these from myself. And I guess, truthfully—to shock Axel. I don't actually need to wear any of this with him, but I'm doing it for me. I think it's fun and flirty to mix up the pieces you wear to bed. He's going to really appreciate me after this.

Emma and I hit the food courts next. I'm craving cinnamon pretzels, so I grab some Wetzel's. Emma is dying for some garlic knots, so we get her a couple of those as well.

"What do you think of our haul so far?" I ask her.

Emma eyes the two VS bags hanging from my wrist. "Hot. I approve."

I giggle, popping a warm pretzel in my mouth. We sit there and start talking about our families and inevitably begin to complain.

"Rosalie and Joel are going to give me such shit when they find out I moved in with Axel. I know I made Rosalie's life a living hell for moving out to be with Joel."

Emma shakes her head. "They're mature adults. I'm sure they'll understand, especially now that they're married."

I stay silent, wondering if I agree with that statement. Rosalie can be petty when she wants to be. I hope she'll just be happy for me and that she won't give Axel a hard time. And hopefully they can both help me move my crap into Axel's apartment. Not that I have much of it. I'm not anticipating having to transfer too much of my stuff since I never fully moved into my place and decorated.

"I guess we'll see."

"So how has living with him been going?"

I laugh. "I mean, it's only been a day. We didn't even sleep together because he fell asleep on the couch waiting for me to get home. He was annoyed that we weren't together on our first night." I think about how we made up for that instead with sexy massages. My cheeks tint pink, and I hope Emma doesn't notice.

"Does this mean you're officially over that 'something has to be wrong with Axel because he's too perfect' phase?"

I nod my head, and she looks impressed. "Personal growth!" She exclaims.

I laugh at that. "I was honest and just asked him about his past. He said he didn't have anything to hide, and I believe him. I found out he was sort of a player before he met me, but I'm not surprised. Have you seen him?"

Emma nods her head. "Oh yeah. I can totally see that. I'm so happy this is working out for you too. When's the wedding?"

My heart jumps out of my chest at that. Axel and I are so far from getting engaged right now. But still, the idea of being his wife makes my heart race. "Ha-ha, very funny. We'll see you at the wedding in a couple of years," I tell her.