Prolouge

"Don't leave me." She cried out, clinging onto my shirt.

"One phone call that's it."

She let go but not completely.

I stared into her brown eyes that I have come to love along with everything else about her.

"You'll be right back?" She asked.

I nodded my head, "I'll be right back."

She sat down in one of the many seats surrounding us then laid her purse in her lap.

I took the time to admire how beautiful and innocent she is, since being this will probably be the last time I ever get to see her.

She looked down playing with her fingers. I can tell she is just as afraid of loosing me as I am of loosing her.

She doesn't deserve this but there is no way in hell I deserve her.

Before leaving to "make a phone call" I pulled my wallet out of my pocket and handed her a twenty.

"There are some vending machines right over there." I said pointing to my left, her right.

"Buy you something."

She protested taking the money at first but after a few minutes I talked her into keeping it.

"I'll be back."

With that I walked out of the airport to my car.

Once I made it a mile down the road I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called the ole' prick.

"Carter-Carter is this you?" He asked frantically.

"Yea."

"Where is she?"

Something to my right caught my eye before I could respond. Her shoes.

I shook my head smiling. I'll never understand that girls obsession with being barefoot.

"Carter, answer me. You're digging yourself in a deeper hole each minute that passes."

"She's at the Arizona Airport."

I hung up before he could ask anymore questions.