Chapter Three

- Beyoncé's P.O.V

I ran into my room once I heard my aunt open the front door downstairs.

"She's upstairs in her room." I heard her say.

I hid on the other side of my bed away from the door.

I know why they're here.

"Miss Beyoncé?"

I didn't say anything. I held my breath and tried my best not to make any movements. Maybe if I'm quiet enough they'll think she's the one who is crazy.

"Beyoncé, we know you're in there. Just open the door so we can talk." My aunt said while fidgeting with the doorknob.

"We just want to talk." A woman's voice said.

I sighed making the first bit of sound since I've been hiding.

They say that they only want to "talk" but I know they're lying. I'll go out there and they'll take me out to a car then drive me to the hospital. That's what they always do.

I've been in nineteen mental hospitals since my mother died which was about two years ago.

"Beyoncé you are making this harder on yourself. Just unlock the door so we can talk." I heard the woman say.

Either way they are going to take me to the hospital. I'm sure of that! My aunt will not stop until I'm gone.

I stood up and slowly walked to the door. I turned the lock and opened the door. In front of me stood my aunt, two women, and a man.

"Hello Ma'am, I am Doctor Huff. Can we take you somewhere so we can talk?Somewhere more private like my office?" The man asked.

I looked down playing with my fingers. This is how it always goes! We'll go to his office, he'll ask me questions, then I'll be admitted.

"It will only take a few minutes."

I sighed looking towards my aunt. A smile was plastered on her face. Since my mother passed I have became her burden. She tries every way in the world to get rid of me. If it's not a hospital, she's trying to pass me on to some other family member.

"I'm not crazy." I stated.

"No one said that you are." The woman who's badge read Cindy, said.

"That's why you all are here though."

They all stayed quiet because I'm right. I know I am!

"No one said anything about you being crazy Ma'am. We just want to talk to you." Doctor Huff said.

"Let me grab a jacket."

"And some shoes." My aunt butted in.

"I don't want to wear them."

"Beyoncé, we go through this everyday! You have to wear them or they will not let you go in places."

I groaned picking up a pair of shoes that laid beside my bed. I carried them out then walked downstairs.

"It's hot outside. I'm sure the concrete will burn your feet." One of the women said.

"I'll be fine."

I followed the people out to the car while my aunt stayed inside. I'm sure she's doing a happy dance.

The ride to the hospital was silent besides some small talk they decided to make amongst themselves. I didn't bother talking to them.

When we pulled into the hospital parking lot I read a sign that said Heritage Oaks Hospital. I remember reading a bro shear type thing on my uncles desk a few weeks back about this hospital. I should have known!

One of the women helped me out of the car and walked me into the hospital.

"I'll take her from here." Doctor Huff said.

I followed him into a room which I'm guessing is his office.

"Take a seat. This shouldn't take long."

I took a seat across from his desk. He sat down and looked through some papers. They're probably my papers from my past hospital visits.

"So Ma'am." He started.

He slid on his glasses to get a better look at the papers.

"Are you aware of the reason why you are here?"

I nodded my head, "Because you think I'm crazy, right?"

He frowned placing the papers down and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Are you aware of what day it is?"

My eyes started to burn with tears. These are the types of questions I can't answer and that is why they always admit me.

I shook my head.

"That's okay. Do you know the time?"

I shook my head as hot tears fell down my cheeks.

"Two years ago you wrote a letter for the mailman stating your mother died and you didn't know what you should do. Do you remember that?"

I nodded my head.

"Ma'am, do you hear voices?"

I didn't say anything.

"We are going to admit you for a week and do an evaluation. This will only take a week. We will find what is wrong and fix it."

I wiped my eyes while nodding my head.

"Let's go find you a room for tonight." He said, sticking out his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and he helped me stand onto my feet.

"You also don't have to worry about wearing shoes here. We don't care!"

I giggled as we walked out of his office.

A man walked up to Doctor Huff and pulled him aside. While they were talking I took the time to look around the place.

While I was walking down the hallway, making sure to not stray too far, I spotted a man. I watched as he talked to some woman. He's tall, a lot taller than me and has beautiful dark skin. Before I could look away he caught me. I dunked my head out of embarrassment.

"Hey Ma." He said with a wink as he walked by me.

I looked over my right shoulder and watched as he walked down the hallway.

For the first time in the past two years of my life I have a sense of hope.

A/N***

I'm not sure about switching point of views. At first I was going to keep the whole story in Jay's point of view, but idk. What do you all think?

A lot of you guys guessed she would be a patient in the hospital lol. Just remember, things aren't always like what they seem. :)

+15 comments +25 votes

ilysm 💋