Chapter Six

I walked into my guest room to check on her before I leave. When I walked in she was curled up cuddling a pillow. I smiled before quietly shutting the door.

I have to run down to the post office and pick up our tickets then I figured I would pick Bey up something to eat.

As soon as I stopped at the first stop light my phone started ringing. I didn't recognize the number so I just slid my phone back into my pocket.

After I picked up our tickets I stopped by Popeyes and got Bey two chicken biscuits.

Before I could reach the main road the same number called me again this time after ignoring them they left a voicemail.

I put the phone on speaker to listen.

"Carter, this is Dr. Huff. We have a patient missing, we have reports that she was last seen with you. Her name is Beyoncé Knowels. I am not accusing you of anything, but if you have any information on her whereabouts I suggest you let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!"

I chucked sliding my phone back into my pocket.

I don't know what it is about the girl but she has me wrapped around her finger.

I pulled into my drive way and parked my car.

Walking in I expected her to still be asleep but my expectations were wrong because here she is, cleaning.

"Whatchu doing lil mama?" I asked, startling her a little bit.

"Oh I was just picking up. You don't do that much, as I can tell."

I chuckled while unlacing my tims.

"Where did you go?" She asked.

"To pick up our plane tickets and to pick you up something to eat."

"Oh really? Thank you!" She said.

I figured she was thanking me for the plane ticket but I was proven wrong once she grabbed the Popeyes bag and ran into the kitchen like a little girl.

After taking my shoes off I followed her into the kitchen and sat down beside her at the table.

"Want one?" She asked offering me one of her biscuits.

"I'm good. I would have got me one if I wanted one."

"I was just asking. It would have been rude of me not to since you bought them."

I nodded my head.

"Have you ever been to New York?" I asked.

She covered her mouth with her hand while she finished chewing.

"No. I've only been to two states; Here and Houston."

"You mean Texas?" I corrected her.

"No, I mean Houston!"

"Houston is a city in Texas." I explained.

"Oh." Is all she said before finishing her biscuit.

After she finished she threw away her trash then walked back to her guest room.

"Are you going to stay up there all day?" I asked.

"I just figured you didn't want me bothering you."

I narrowed my eyebrows, "You aren't bothering me, Bey."

She smiled, walking back down the three steps she had just walked up.

"I guess I'll stay down here all day."

I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv.

"When do we leave?" She asked.