Chapter Sixteen

I sat in the same seat Jay left me in, as the sun went down and darkness set in. I would like to know who he had to call that has taken this long. Someone important. More important than me, obviously.

"Honey, are you okay?" An older man, a little darker than me, asked.

"Yeah. My boyfriend will be here soon."

"Well, baby, you ain't got no shoes on and you look cold. Are you sure you're alright?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said looking up at him but by the look on his face he didn't seem convinced, "I promise." I said.

"If you need anything I'll be right over there, okay?" He said pointing to the desk.

I smiled while nodding my head before he walked away.

Truth is I have no idea where Shawn is, or if he is even coming back. Seems like something that would happen to me; fall in love with a guy and they leave me stranded at an airport.

***
(Shawn's P.O.V)

I drove down the road trying to figure this whole thing out. They'll find Bey, eventually find me. I've really fucked this up for us. I didn't realize how much I love her, until today.

The thing about Bey is, she's a real good person. What would it look like; a lady like her with a man like me?

I feel bad about the way I left her there. She has me feeling like a bitch, missing her and shit. I want to go back but if I do it'll only make things worse.

I'm about an hour out of Arizona now, an hour away from Bey. I can see her sitting there, not knowing what's going on, and that breaks my heart. God, what was I thinking?

She could get hurt. Anyone could walk up in there and try to hurt her. Even Stevie Wonder can see she's beautiful.

Fuck this.

I did a u-turn and sped back up the road. I'm still going to stick with my plan but this isn't how it's going to go down.

She deserves better. I'll turn myself in if I have to. What the hell was I thinking? Thinking about myself, that's exactly what I was doing. Here I have this woman who is feeling me and then here I am running from her, what my pops and I do best. Swore I'd never be like the bastard.

I ran my hand over the top of my head and let out a sigh.

***

(Beyoncé's P.O.V)

I heard someone talking in a distance then I opened my eyes and reality sunk in.

Wow.

He's really gone. Shawn left. Why though? I thought we were okay. Everything defiantly felt okay when he was feeling me up yesterday. But like my mama always said, "Boys will be boys," I just didn't expect Shawn to be a boy, I thought he was a grown man.

There had to be at least thirty people waiting at the front desk, and even more sitting around waiting. No chance of me getting up there anytime soon so I just sat down and closed my eyes.

See, what makes me so mad is that Shawn let me open up to him, confide in him. This is exactly what my mama warned me about. I should never be dependent on a man, expect him to provide and care for me because at any giving moment he could leave me and there or in this case, here I am stranded at a damn airport. He could have at least warned me. So I could prepare myself for what I was going to go through. I'm used to people walking in and out of my life, that's not hard. Sure, loosing Shawn will hurt. But what scares me the most is not knowing where I am or what I'm going to do. Throughout my life I've always had a place to stay whether that be a relatives house, women's home, or a hospital. I've always gone to bed knowing I would wake up with a roof over my head. Now, I'm not so sure.