Chapter six. Invite. 6

'Amelia!'
I turn to see Daniel walking up.
'Hey, how are you?'

He comes to a stop in front of me and smiles warmly.
'I'm good. you?' I smile back 'yeah I'm alright, little nervous.'

He raises his eyebrow 'What for?'
'I'm getting results today. Wether or not I have the job permanently.'
Daniel nods knowingly. 'I got a paper about that. Had to fill in my thoughts.'
I look at him in silence, it may be that I have to leave today.
'Multiple drivers got one of those.' I tell him.

'Yeah, well don't worry. After getting Lando out of the wreck and being so nice you'll make it.' He says as he pats my shoulder. I chuckle 'I hope so.'

We start to walk, him following me to where I was going.
'But I actually came to ask you a question.' I look up at him.
'Okay?' He smiles and looks down at me 'there's a party tonight. Want to tag along?'

'I don't know anyone.' I state as I look down at the asphalt.
'Great way to get to know everyone.' He nudges my side, making me chuckle.
I sigh 'alright. Fair enough.' Daniel whoops and hands me his phone.
A new contact empty on the screen. I put in my phone number and my name.

'Alright. Text me the address of the hotel and I'll pick you up at eight.'
I smile and nod 'alright. What do I have to wear?'
'A dress would be nice. Everyone is always quite fancy.'
I sigh 'alright, sure thing.'

Daniel walks off waving one last time.
I wave back and go on to the McLaren garage, bumping into Carlos on my way there.
I gently tap his arm to get his attention. He turns around, eyebrows raised.
'Hi, Uhm, Do you know anything about Lando?'

My eyes land on the form in his hands.
The questionnaire about me and what I've shown.

'Ah Yeah, he's good.' He gives a thumbs up with it.
A breath of relief leaves my chest. 'Good. That's good.'

'Did Daniel ask you to come tonight?'
I nod 'Yeah, he did.' Carlos smiles and pats my shoulder as he walks on.
'I'll see you tonight.' I wave bye to him.

I take the taxi back to my hotel and hop into the shower, throwing on comfortable and warm clothes after so I can head out for dinner. I grab my phone and wallet and head down, pushing the button of the elevator before taking out my phone.

#Mom- Hi hun, how is work? Did you get it?#
#Unknown- Hi its Daniel. Do you have the address for tonight?#

I unlock my phone and go to messages.
The elevator dings, so I step in, pressing the button to the ground floor.

Mom

#Hi mom. I'll hear the results in an hour and 20.
Everything is going well. Nice people.

Daniel

#Hey! Ah yeah hang on a minute.

The elevator doors slide open and I step out, stopping against the wall to send the address. When done I head out to the small Italian restaurant I walked past yesterday. I order some food and eat it outside on a bench that looks out over the ocean. Monaco is beautiful.

45 minutes before Daniël comes to pick me up.
I head up to my room and pick out my outfit.

Right when I finish up my phone dings, and a notification pops up that Daniels downstairs

Right when I finish up my phone dings, and a notification pops up that Daniels downstairs. I make my way down and head out of the hotel, spotting Daniel by a car. I walk over.
'Hello, you look great.' He says before hugging me. I hug him back before looking at his clothes 'thank you! You look very handsome as well.' He smiles brightly and opens the passenger seat door for me. 'Thanks.'

I sit down and he closes the door for me.

'So are you ready?' He asks.
I pull my fingers from my lips 'I'm nervous.'
He starts the car and pulls out of his parking spot to join the other traffic.
'Why's that. They're all nice, I promise.' He says to calm my nerves.
I smile and fiddle with my fingers 'I'm getting my results while there. And yes, about the people. But I'm taking your word for them being nice.' He chuckles at the last sentence. 'I'm sure you'll be fine. And I trust the results will be fine too.'