Chapter eighty-nine. Think I'm Falling In Love. 89

This is it.

Eve and I watch as Lando and Jon put their suitcases in the back of the cab.
'They're really nice.' Eve says. I look at her to see her looking at Jon with a soft smile.
It makes me smile to see her like this. 'They are.' I agree.

Jon is the first to be done, and walks over, arms open wide for a hug.
I chuckle and meet his hug. 'Safe strip.' I say 'Yeah. Thanks for staying with Lando.' He says back. 'No worries. Look after him for me please.' He lets me go and pats my shoulder 'will do. See you again sometime.' I smile and nod as he goes to hug Eve.

Lando struggles to get his suitcase into the trunk, but gets it done and huffs off his irritation before turning to me. I open my arms with a chuckle, and he steps into the space. 'You know, patients usually gets you furthest.' I say as we hug. 'Funny.' He says sarcastically. We pull apart 'promise to call me tonight?' I say. 'Promise.' He says as he holds up his pinky. We pinky promise.

He hugs Eve before they turn to the cab, but Lando hesitates and turns to look at me.
I raise my eyebrow, giving him a questioning look. He jogs back over to give me another quick hug. 'I'm starting you fall in love with you. I- I just wanted you to know before I left.' He says quickly.

'Lando, we have to go.'

I'm at a loss for words as he gives another quick 'bye.' And slips into the cab.
'Wait...' I watch the cab drive off. I stare at the back of the cab as it drives away, still not being able to gather my thoughts.

Eve chuckles next to me.
'You heard the man.' She says as she takes my arm to pull me with her.

'We have to get our own thing or we'll be late for our flight.'