o n e

          Uncle Hector came into my room and opened the curtains wide, I complained about the light that was hitting my face and closed my eyes tighter.

— Get up, Becky. — he said and I covered my face with the pillow, begging him to let me sleep for ten more minutes. After all, it was Sunday, and if that wasn't enough, it was a vacation. — If you don't get up right now Rebbeca Marie O'Conner Toretto I swear you won't run anymore. — he snapped with a threatening tone, but I could swear she was smiling because she knew the effect that those words would have on me. I jumped up and the homeowner looked at me amused — It always works. — He murmured satisfied and he left me alone in my room again to change.

          Once I was clean and dressed, I went downstairs for breakfast. When I entered the kitchen, uncle Hector was talking to someone on the phone.

Oh wait, here she is. I pass it on to her. — she told the person on the other end of the line and handed me the device. I took it curious.

— Hi? — I asked.

Hi honey, how are you? — a very familiar voice resounded through the speaker and I smiled when I recognized it.

Dad! Fine, how are you all? Miss you all a lot. — I spoke happily. My parents, like my uncle Dom, had had to leave the country and were now somewhere in South America.

We are fine, we also miss you a lot and that's why I called you. — I noticed a hint of emotion in those last words. — We have been apart for a long time, don't you think? — I heard him sigh and, even though we have been apart for most of my life, I could swear he was scratching the back of his neck in a nervous gesture. — We think it's about time you came to live with us, Becks. — the world stopped and I felt a smile appeared on my face. — Daughter, are you there? Please say something. 

Yes. — I said with a voice cut due to the lump that had formed in my throat. — Yes, I'm going to live with you. I love and miss you all so much. — my eyes clouded and then I felt tears running down my cheeks.

          After talking a while more with Mom and uncle Dom, who were happy to meet me again, they gave me details about the trip I would have to make in a few days to the Canary Islands, in Spain. I was happy to see my parents and my uncle again, not to mention that my little brother Jack was about to be born.

          The next three days I spent it with my friends, however, what I was going to miss the most will be racing through the streets of Los Angeles in Dad's old silver Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 {* 1}. Obviously I was also going to miss uncle Héctor, he had always taken care of me and he was present every time my family needed him, without a doubt he was like my second father.

          My dad, Brian O'Conner, is a former cop who worked for the FBI. He had been infiltrated into the world of illegal racing to bring to justice my uncle Dominic Toretto, who was the most famous racer in Los Angeles and a member of a team that was in charge of hijacking semi-trailer trucks where they took more than six million dollars in merchandise. Of course I couldn't do this job alone, my aunt Letty, Vince and two guys I never met named Leon and Jesse were part of the team, and all I know is that they drove three cars Honda Civic EJ1 {* 2} turbo model 1995 black with Spoon engines.