1

"God, remind me to never walk with you guys again." I panted while watching the sidewalk pass underneath me.

Mom laughed beside me. "This is why we walk. That way we're not huffing breaths after only 2 blocks."

"Tch, yeah okay." Sarcasm pooled out of my mouth.
"Where are we going anyway?"

"Your dad over here wanted to check out a new park nearby." Dad winced as mom's elbow slammed into his side.

As the pain subsided, his eyes lit with joy. "Hopefully it's as beautiful as the pictures I've seen."
"It's so intriguing, Yui. It even has a-"

"Is that Endeavor?"
"Who is he fighting?"
"Woah that looks intense!"

The shouts of citizens filled the sky around us. Following the glances of those around, my eyes were met with a blazing man confidently standing on the edge of a roof of a large building.

"Not so tough now, huh?" Endeavor exclaims as his attention stays on the man floating on an air bubble in front of him.

I was in awe.

So that's what a true pro hero looks like.

A rush of air swipes my hair up and behind my shoulder as sharp air bubbles dart across the sky. A glow of red cracks the blue sky as endeavor launches himself towards the villain floating on a pocket of air.
"PROMISE BURN!" A fiery fist smashes into the terrified man's forehead. The energy of the hit sends him rocketing into the side of the building next to us.

Still looking towards the sky, I see a piece of rubble rapidly falling from the building. "Yui, watch out!" My mother screams as my vision blackens.

- - - - - -

My eyelids feel like bricks.

I strain my muscles, but my closed eyelids barely budge. A sharp pain shoots through my head, which seemingly awakens some of my senses. I can feel a cold hard surface underneath my sprawled body. The scent of metal and rust clouds my mind. Struggling to lift my arms off the ground, I place my pointer finger and thumb on my eyes. With the tiniest movement I am able to separate my eyelids. The bright light that greeted my cornea made me instantly regret my decision.

What was I doing? Why am I here?

My eyes finally adjust to the light. Clouds are peacefully floating by above me, before a ball of fire and a ball of air zip through my vision until they are once again out of sight.

Was that fire?

Oh shit.

I strain to sit up with haste and take in my surroundings. There's a building halfway destroyed in front of me. The shrieks and screams comes flooding into my ears. Unfortunately, I can recognize one of them.

"Haruto!" I hear my moms high pitched cries.  "Open your eyes, dammit!"

Looking over to my left, I see my father's brown loafers and pasty ankles sticking out from a large piece of debris. His face and shoulders are uncovered, but there's blood pooling around him. My mom has one hand draped on his face, pushing at his eyes. The rest of her body is immobilized by another piece of debris. As I look around me, I notice we're not the only ones in this situation.

So he just broke that building and left, huh?

My vision and hearing blurs as my slow thoughts wander off on their own.

What a hero.

"Yui!"

The sound and sight of the environment comes rushing back to me. I look over to my crushed mother who is calling out to me.